• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

post your pic of knee pads

Who stands when their going 90+?
Yes I go that fast in the junk trails.
No knee pads needed here.

Has anybody else besides me had the handlebars rotate down in the top of the riser when riding hard?

I suppose height makes a difference....since the knee might be in a different area

Who stands when their going 90+?
Yes I go that fast in the junk trails.
No knee pads needed here.

Has anybody else besides me had the handlebars rotate down in the top of the riser when riding hard?
Yes! Tighten up those handle bars... Last year riding on a prescribed trail, open limited, and a fresh snowfall the night before it was basically a "goat trail " not groomed for a while and whooped out pretty good. We were going at a good clip and I came off of a 10ft drop (unexpectedly) I didn't see it! Was in the air with buddy on my tail for what felt like an eternity ( probably 15ft) I landed so hard the bars ended up almost upside down, GoPro mount broke in half.
So ya tighten up those bars real good.

Last edited:
I had my handlebars rotate three different times.
The first time was in a g out on the trail at speed, brake lever was straight up and throttle was straight down. Lucky I didn't break my wrists! Pulled over and loosened up clamps and put back in position.
Loosened clamps after I got home and checked out everything looked good. Retorqued clamps.
When riding aggressively they will rotate backwards over time even after torquing bolts on clamps.

I will check the build date tomorrow and post it. Not at home now.

here is a pic of the brake lever.
image2.jpeg

I can see it...thanks! Damn those RTX look nice, the idlers stand out.

Any idea of the build date stamped on tunnel rear? I just wonder as the 50th at my dealer has old lever with a FEB build date.

thanks!
Dan
:rocks::D

here is a pic of the brake lever.View attachment 131202

Wow, beautiful Machine hman4. I have the same one coming....not in yet though. It looks like you have the racing brake lever as well if I'm seeing it correctly?

Your clamshell opens from the front?? That's different??

They are sharp looking for sure. I really like the white/red combo the most. That was the only color I wanted last year. Mine has red side panels, white spindles and red A arms. They both look sharp and I'm kind of glad I don't have the white side panels but either one is better looking than any other sled out there in my opinion. I hope we have a great Winter this year because I will have lots of time to ride since I am finishing up a few jobs this Fall before I retire.

I tried to enhance it for those that cannot see brake lever, still crummy as its a low res pic to begin with...

lol
image2.jpg

It looks like this for '18 LEs:
Tcat brake lever.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, you can see it's the race lever easily in your pic Dan. Race lever, and Race Rotor for the LE's correct? Does it have a Steel Braided cable as well? I remember my 2006 Mach Z-X came with that as an early/Spring ordered sled back in 06.

theres no way I could ride this sled in the rough without pads...I got the black cat ones and love the feel...sure would love them more in blue COME ON YAMAHA ...get the accessories together..
SJ, can you post a pic of your cat knee pads? I've been thinking about those.

yes to race rotor, they were on 17s as well.....

Braided line? I guess I never looked. I sorta thought all the sleds now have the braided brake line if I recall. Rubber lines with the brakes have sorta gone by wayside yrs ago i think....I know when I was installing my adjustable riser on the doo1200 it was braided.
:sled1:

Back