• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Power steering oppinions please.

chrishall

Pro
Hi,

Been gone now for 3 years now. Riding a 2009 MXZ Adr. Soon, it's time for it to blow up.

I’m very interested in opinions on the power steering aspect of the new Apex’s. I've gone quite far back in pages and can't find the thread that talks about it in depth.

Can some of you post your opinions or paste some links in here for me to read.

I search for Power Steering, but that turns up a lot of nothing.

Thanks for your help,
Chris

I can tell you after owning a 2006 apex the 2011 feels nothing like a 2006. The power steering makes the sled feel 200 pounds lighter. I'm nothing short of impressed

Someone, in a different forum, posted "People are hating the power steering" I'm just trying to get a feeling for how much this feature is disliked or liked.

There aren't any demo rides coming to anywhere near me.

Cheers,
Chris

I would say they have not get the sled set up correctly. I didn't like mine at first but after some tweeking it is getting better. Just wish they could fix the darting, slide wear issue. You should have to spend another dime to fix your sleds handling and slides when you spend $14k. :o|

Banks93,

There are problems with all the big 4. You have darting and slidder problems, mine is after 5000 mi, they blow up. Trade ya problems. :)

Cheers,
Chris

By the time I am done paying for boogie wheels, slides and carbides, new skis I think we may be equal on the engine rebuild.

We will see my buddy has the new 800 etec and has 1600 miles on it. This is about the time his 600etec grenaded last year. I can't wait to tow him. They are running the engine with a lot more oil this year. He has used 2 gallons of oil in the 1600 miles.

Ride a new EPS sled for an hour or so in the trails and then hop on any non EPS sled and see for yourself. I guarantee you will be spending your money on that new Apex. Aside from the power steering it's an all around great sled.

The EPS makes the sled feel 200 lighter . It allows you to ride harder , longer without the usual arm pump . You won't truely appreciate how fantastic it is until you ride a heavy sled that deosn't have it,,then get back on your Apex :Rockon:

I purchased my Apex XTX looking to have a more polished, capable trail sled than my modded 06 Attak. Better seating, better wind protection, more power and a factory 144. The EPS, in my case wasn't a factor in my purchase. I am 6'3" and weigh 300 lbs dressed out. No need for EPS, but it's a nice feature. HA!! I LOVE this sled!!!! It took about 3 turns and the EPS became invisible to me. Goes where you point the bars. NO kickback when hitting trail chop or bombed out corners. No kickback at high speed when riding on rail grades. I had ZERO arm, neck or shoulder pain after my 1st trip of the year. At 51 yrs. old, I've NEVER come home from am initial trip of the season pain free. Put it on the entire lineup and don't look back.

Power steering is fantastic, 416kms second run out and no ill effects. On my 2006 ER I would have been recked for 3 days! Set up factory stinks but not difficult to adjust to your liking. Factory carbides crap, snowtrackers make all the diff. Great as a tow truck, towed my buddies 800 xp last weekend for 35kms, power valve puked right out of the engine, very strange but true! Way more capable on rough trails compared to my 2006! No regrets. Did I say I LOVE the EPS! :Rockon:

I rode a 2011 last weekend, and all i can say is wow! What a sled. The power steering and power is pretty addictive.

Nice sled for sure.

X10 what everyone said. You will notice it when you ride a different sled. Anyone think it mat be retrofitted to an older apex? I also have an 07 apex.

older

charging system will not put out enough to run it muchless all the parts needed, buy another one.

Back