• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Power Steering

Need cat rubbers, bolts, nuts, the incerts that go through bolt holes on skis. Washers maybe but not sure on those. The washers go on the outside on the skis. Just converted my 22 to cat skis. Trail skis. Semi trackers. Got it handling good. 300 miles on this year. I just bought all cat hardware. I believe you have get the bolts for sure as they are not the same length as the Yamaha ski bolts.
Yes sir you are correct, I remember now that is why I purchased the kit. Needed everything for install anyway.

Put on over a couple hundred miles the last few days on my personal 2017 LTX-LE with the BOP arms set on hole #2 and Aggressive SnowTrackers on Doo 5.7Race skis and find it much easier to steer with a much improved than a clients LTX-SE I rode last week. Those SE shocks and stock tuner skis are not the ones to have that is certain, his sled rode like a buckboard and steered so hard, I did my best with it but without much of dampening adjustments there's only so much one can to with it, it just felt valved way to stiff compared to my LE, and those tuners are horribly hard to turn after a while!

I'd say my sled steers very close to my buddies power steering sled. He also has a 2017 with BOP arms with bent tie rods with Aggressive Trackers and Doo skis and has always told me his power steering sled and his 17 are very close in steering effort. He rode his 17 today and still says they steer with about the same effort.

I wont run the bent tie rods on my sled, no way no how. I'll stay with it on hole #2 and strong straight tie rods. My sled with it set up specified, does not steer much if any tougher than the power steering sled. Only place the PS sled defiantly has the edge is in the very slower going, and honestly we don't ride very slow.
Great info between the two sleds. Thanks. Nice to know I really don’t need to trade up to a newer model. Besides, I have all the reliability issues fixed and my clutching seems pretty much dialed in but I’m always trying clutching stuff. Must be the old drag racer in me!!!

Back