• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Powerbloc 80 clutch review

Gman25

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 sidewinder ltx
1999 srx 70
1993 vmax 750
Hey guys n gals

jusat wanted to post my experience with powebloc 80 clutch on a 2017 sidewinder ltx all stock
After my yamaha clutch threw a weight through my belly pan and luckily not through the top of my hood i needed to have a new clutch on in 4 days to be ready for this weekend.
So powerbloc was the fastest solution they come pre calibrated.
Popped it on and it worked great! Clutching is spot on for stock set up i was very impressed.
I have 400 kms on it in all snow conditions and no complaints.
$569 plus tx

Hey guys n gals

jusat wanted to post my experience with powebloc 80 clutch on a 2017 sidewinder ltx all stock
After my yamaha clutch threw a weight through my belly pan and luckily not through the top of my hood i needed to have a new clutch on in 4 days to be ready for this weekend.
So powerbloc was the fastest solution they come pre calibrated.
Popped it on and it worked great! Clutching is spot on for stock set up i was very impressed.
I have 400 kms on it in all snow conditions and no complaints.
$569 plus tx
Hey Gman!! I agree with you its been pretty good clutch.
I'm running precision 230 tune, so i had to add a little bit of weight, and for me it was engaging a little high so a went with a size down on primary spring!
Seems to engage now around 2800rpm.
As for the noise i find it way quieter than factory clutch.

I’m tempted in trying the pb-80. Got a price of $600 cdn..

Great to hear! That is a really good price on the pb80.

I see you're in Canada, so is that CAD, if so that is really cheap!

Dan
My purchase price was $535, last april/2020

Also when i was ready to installed the new prumary, I had to replace my stub shaft bearing, so when had that apart I used the heaviest bearing grease i could find and put some on the splines when I put it back together.
So I thing that helps a bit on the noise too.

Last edited:
I’m tempted in trying the pb-80. Got a price of $600 cdn..
Is that price from CvTechAAB are they all calibrated the same for stock sidewinders

From what I hear, the PB80 is only rated for 250HP.

From what I hear, the PB80 is only rated for 250HP.
I see precision sports.ca in Quebec has the pb80 for $550 and they have a custom turbo pb80 for $960.. gonna give them a call and see what the differences are.

Don't they make a PB80 specific to the 998 with a revised cup and spring?

Don't they make a PB80 specific to the 998 with a revised cup and spring?
Quite possible.... The PB80 has changed a little bit over the years with small changes. I know someone that has tested it on a 900Turbo with 220hp. From what I hear it was a a really good gain over the stock DOO clutch.

Last edited:
I see precision sports.ca in Quebec has the pb80 for $550 and they have a custom turbo pb80 for $960.. gonna give them a call and see what the differences are.
I would call CV tech first.. I doubt Precision has done anything different except for their own springs and weights.

I would call CV tech first.. I doubt Precision has done anything different except for their own springs and weights.

I don't think there is anything else in this clutch TO change. Very simple design. ;)

Back