• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pro4 clutch

Country
USA
Snowmobile
APEX
Hi guys. Some have been asking about my Pro4 clutch. I’ll give my opinion below, but please realize this is just MY OPINION.

The clutch itself is awesome. Super quiet, and i THINK the weight (of the clutch itself) is the same as the Cat clutch. It is super user friendly, because the weights just pop out, no bolts or sockets needed! I have one of the first 25, so it came with the adjuster for belt width. Again, super easy to use.

I have mine set up with all Thunder Products clutching stuff. I know they are using a ski-doo TRA spring, to make sure structurally things stayed safe. I bought the clutch from Thunder, and it came all set up, so it really was just a clutch swap. I think they’ve (Pro4 & Thunder) have come up with a gem, plug and play.

Idk what else to say, except, I’m personally, quite confident this clutch will last and last!

Hi guys. Some have been asking about my Pro4 clutch. I’ll give my opinion below, but please realize this is just MY OPINION.

The clutch itself is awesome. Super quiet, and i THINK the weight (of the clutch itself) is the same as the Cat clutch. It is super user friendly, because the weights just pop out, no bolts or sockets needed! I have one of the first 25, so it came with the adjuster for belt width. Again, super easy to use.

I have mine set up with all Thunder Products clutching stuff. I know they are using a ski-doo TRA spring, to make sure structurally things stayed safe. I bought the clutch from Thunder, and it came all set up, so it really was just a clutch swap. I think they’ve (Pro4 & Thunder) have come up with a gem, plug and play.

Idk what else to say, except, I’m personally, quite confident this clutch will last and last!

That is on a Sidewinder I assume? Your personal info lists Apex as your machine.

Good thread, and I believe this type of review over time will be very useful for MANY of us here. As we are all seeing the stock primary with big power may not be the best for longevity. While an aftermarket clutch might seem excessive in cost, it sure can solve many issues and possibly catastrophic ones.

I would think many guys here think same as me, what other sled would I want next? Well once you are in the 270++ hp range, and used to it....it sure becomes near impossible to step back to a "normal" power sled...lol. With that in mind, a good billet primary would have the ability to be used from one 998 to the next, assuming cat/yam dont go out of business and stop giving us our 998 fix.

There is another billet clutch out there as well, that id like to hear more feedback from, on a 998. But will keep that for another thread.

Looking forward to hearing how the Pro4 holds up over time on the 998...belt heat/life, and pricing for ENTIRE primary would be great to know as well. Terry posted some nice prices, but I believe that was an empty clutch, so that would need to be considered.

Thanks for the thread!
Dan

This clutch looks well constructed and thought out, my only concern is it looks fairly enclosed. Is there any concern over heat dissipation and/or holding debris (belt dust) for trail use? Billet clutches are nothing new for race sleds, but trail use is significantly different. This is certainly not a bash, but more of a talking point to maybe learn something.

Rockerdan is correct, I posted the prices for the Pro 4 Accelerator clutches and they do not include the spring or the weight arms.
3 arm is $1,195
4 arm is $1,395
6 arm is $1,595

Thunder Products Clutching weights for this setup are $249.95

Spring from Pro 4 is $35

Pics

Attachments

• 9E68ACA7-AD0D-44ED-AB37-5D4C2BD3DE6F.jpeg
    9E68ACA7-AD0D-44ED-AB37-5D4C2BD3DE6F.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 292
Are these similar to ski doo or do they have same type weights we have now? Forget it found the video!

Right now not as many as I’d like...roughly 6-700.
I have 3 young boys, that are active, and winter got started late here.

Back