• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Secondary clutch spring.

Do you like that tune?I was thinking of getting it. If you want you could try heavier rivets in the stock weights. Hauck and Schmidt brothers offer heavier rivets then 4.5grams.
That’s a good suggestion- thanks. Regarding the tune, yes I think it’s great, I have no interest in going with anything with louder muffler. Plenty of power. My gps speed on a wot run this week versus stock the week before was 5 mph more and was over revving quite a bit. I would actually say it accelerates even more smoothly than stock with boost coming on sooner. Reacts excellent with your thumb- nothing unpredictable at all. Knapp installed the tune in mine for me.

I’m probably gonna end up with dalton weights in it- as it sounds they put more to the track than stock weights and can ustilize stock secondary.

That’s a good suggestion- thanks. Regarding the tune, yes I think it’s great, I have no interest in going with anything with louder muffler. Plenty of power. My gps speed on a wot run this week versus stock the week before was 5 mph more and was over revving quite a bit. I would actually say it accelerates even more smoothly than stock with boost coming on sooner. Reacts excellent with your thumb- nothing unpredictable at all. Knapp installed the tune in mine for me.

I’m probably gonna end up with dalton weights in it- as it sounds they put more to the track than stock weights and can ustilize stock secondary.
Is that the race or regular 225 stock muffler tune? I don't want anything with a loud muffler also.

On the Viper, no. I did try it on the Sidewinder and it was very dusty. As bad as 8 JP. I was at that time having hot clutch issues. That issue seems to have been solved. (Fingers crossed). My clutch's seem to fairly cool now.

In my situation, I went back to the stock primary weights. My opinion is that their flat profile matches the longer slope of a 35 degree helix. I think it is better suited for Primary and Secondary clutch's working in unison.

Is that the race or regular 225 stock muffler tune? I don't want anything with a loud muffler also.
I believe Hurricane are all “race” tunes with boost early... Hurricane or a dealer would know better than me- but I’m prerty certain this is what I was told

On the Viper, no. I did try it on the Sidewinder and it was very dusty. As bad as 8 JP. I was at that time having hot clutch issues. That issue seems to have been solved. (Fingers crossed). My clutch's seem to fairly cool now.

In my situation, I went back to the stock primary weights. My opinion is that their flat profile matches the longer slope of a 35 degree helix. I think it is better suited for Primary and Secondary clutch's working in unison.
When I get my 225 stock muffler tune I am going to play with the stock weights and heavier rivets in the mid and tip to get the extra hp under control. I know they won't work for the higher hp tunes but for a few bucks WTH. If I can't get them to work then HH's or Daltons. I had good luck using heavier rivets years ago when I added power to my SRX's.

I just got back from a 600 mile ride. Hurricane stock muffler tune (225). All stock clutching would run at 9200. Warm primary fairly hot secondary. Changed tension in driven to 2-3. Dropped rpms to 9050. No matter how hard I rode it clutches were only warm. And that was doing hole shots and long wot runs.. I just wish I could now drop rpms 200 with this combo- but unfortunately there is no primary spring option to do so.. So that only leaves the option of switching weights or let it run over 9k... But that’s the coolest clutch temps I’ve ever had on a 4 stroke sled

I would not try and drop 200 rpm from 9050. IMO 9050 rpm performs much better than 8850 and easier on engine. IMO I would leave it and/or if looking for more performance put Dalton weights. They are much faster in a drag race and are very durable.

I ag
I would not try and drop 200 rpm from 9050. IMO 9050 rpm performs much better than 8850 and easier on engine. IMO I would leave it and/or if looking for more performance put Dalton weights. They are much faster in a drag race and are very durable.

I agree. 9050 RPM is ideal in my opinion. That is definitely where I would like to be.

I have a stock Winder with big venom kit , stock 35 helix and Dalton B/O secondary spring set at 6-1. My sled rips right up to 8950 and stays there. I have been reading many posts where guys are only reving out to 8300-8500 rpm and that's too low from what I'm understanding.

For you trail guys running lower HP tunes.....I would certainly recommend revving them higher as they will be much more aggressive and SNAPPY down low on trail, corner to corner.

Once you get up to the 270r or higher tunes, then you have the big power to rev them closer to 8900 on top, as the bottom has so much power with the bigger tunes.

This is why the Dalton QA weights are superior IMO...you can add/remove weight so fast/easily....On a day where I know im running mostly all tight trails, I will set things up light making it super snappy and fun corner to corner, and when it gets rough I can snap the nose up and skip the moguls like the 2s sleds.

Then the days I know we are running the big wide open trails, and lakes....I will add more weight and get top rpms closer to 8850 to 8950 for the big end.....;)

Straight helix and a tad more backpressure for lesser HP. A normal progressive helix for the bigger "early spool" Race tunes from Hurricane. I really love the 39/35 with the B/O at 6/1 , Daltons DTY1 at 78g, with the 270r Hurricane map. Its an animal corner to corner....and for lakes I would just add a couple more grams(close to 80 total) to get rpms down closer to 8950.

Dan

Back