• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Quick ltx gt report

Did you put snow trackers on, many people i know did and made a huge difference.
Yes..
Friday the temp went above freezing so the trails softened up a bit and I was getting some understeer but I was also not giving much body English while turning as I’m having a back issue.
Saturday and especially today trails were much more firmer “hard packed” and sled handled great with minimal body English, sled stays extremely flat in the corners.

La sarre has sick trails! Did you stop at the club house on the lake for a beer just before la sarre?

That is the infamous Sidewinder clutch rattle. We all have it. Harmless but annoying.

Thats not clutch rattle at 5000RPMs. The clutch only rattles at idle. Its some sort of harmonics with the heat shields or just the chassis in general. I drove Nytros for years and never heard that sound till my brother bought a viper. Used to drive me crazy the sound but Im used to it now.

Thats not clutch rattle at 5000RPMs. The clutch only rattles at idle. Its some sort of harmonics with the heat shields or just the chassis in general. I drove Nytros for years and never heard that sound till my brother bought a viper. Used to drive me crazy the sound but Im used to it now.
My first thought was the heat shields.

Hey Fabio. GrizzlyGriff here from OC. Congrats on the Winder. Glad you are loving it. 16000 km on mine. Trouble free. Was in Amos the past 2 weekends. Heaven on earth

Hey bud.. thanks, definitely a step up from a apex.. I was also up in that area as it was a last minute discussion to go break in the new sled..

We need to hook up for a ride soon..

Well I hit the 800 km mark on my first ride of the year in Quebec so i decided to do the first service.

Drained the oil tank, when I removed the hose on the top of the oil tank there was a bit of water visible dipping down the hose, I left the oil tank attached to the chain case cover while I removed the CC cover, inside the chain case was clean as expected, cleaned all parts and reinstalled the CC cover, now when I removed the oil drain plug under the motor a bit of water came first, hard to tell how much but I would say a teaspoon or so, I’m guessing that it’s coming from the roll over valve/ condensation, or is it?, I did ride the first day in above freezing temps “+2” and next day was -20 not sure if that has anything to do with it.

74Nitro was right, it’s all brake dust on the tunnel, xs825 belt seems good with no sign of dust anywhere, I have a Percision EFI belly pan guard and it’s clean.

I noticed some yellowish fluid running down the Percision guard, so I opened the air box and there was a few table spoons of water/oil half frozen in my air box, seems to be coming from the large 1” hose that is behind the air filter. What would cause this ?

Also noticed that the clutch side panel rubs pretty hard against the factory clutch guard just above the lower panel, I put some foam tape for now, I was thinking maybe some of that plastic trim like that is on the windshield or what they use for car door edge, didn’t have that on hand so put the foam for now till I get at it.

Noticed the header heat shield, all the way to where it connects to the turbo heat shield isn’t firm in place, even with the bolts tight there’s still some movement, Maybe that’s the tin rattle noise I’ve been hearing around the 5000 rpm range. I hear the clutch rattle at idle but I don’t think that the same noise at 5000 rpm.

All in all everything looked good and I’m finding this sled isn’t that bad to work on considering I had to take half of my apex apart to change the oil filter lol. Having the lower exhaust panel off is so much easier ;)!..

Thanks for the idea, so it’s not only mine that rubs lol..

Ha ok makes sense.. I’m in orrville seems like the weather people were right this time lol..

Well I hit the 800 km mark on my first ride of the year in Quebec so i decided to do the first service.

Drained the oil tank, when I removed the hose on the top of the oil tank there was a bit of water visible dipping down the hose, I left the oil tank attached to the chain case cover while I removed the CC cover, inside the chain case was clean as expected, cleaned all parts and reinstalled the CC cover, now when I removed the oil drain plug under the motor a bit of water came first, hard to tell how much but I would say a teaspoon or so, I’m guessing that it’s coming from the roll over valve/ condensation, or is it?, I did ride the first day in above freezing temps “+2” and next day was -20 not sure if that has anything to do with it.

74Nitro was right, it’s all brake dust on the tunnel, xs825 belt seems good with no sign of dust anywhere, I have a Percision EFI belly pan guard and it’s clean.

I noticed some yellowish fluid running down the Percision guard, so I opened the air box and there was a few table spoons of water/oil half frozen in my air box, seems to be coming from the large 1” hose that is behind the air filter. What would cause this ?

Also noticed that the clutch side panel rubs pretty hard against the factory clutch guard just above the lower panel, I put some foam tape for now, I was thinking maybe some of that plastic trim like that is on the windshield or what they use for car door edge, didn’t have that on hand so put the foam for now till I get at it.

Noticed the header heat shield, all the way to where it connects to the turbo heat shield isn’t firm in place, even with the bolts tight there’s still some movement, Maybe that’s the tin rattle noise I’ve been hearing around the 5000 rpm range. I hear the clutch rattle at idle but I don’t think that the same noise at 5000 rpm.

All in all everything looked good and I’m finding this sled isn’t that bad to work on considering I had to take half of my apex apart to change the oil filter lol. Having the lower exhaust panel off is so much easier ;)!..

Re the large hose that inserts into the air box, it comes from the rollover valve. My understanding is if the sled rolls over, the valve let’s oil flow through that tube into the intake. When I installed a TD CAI, I extended that hose to the front of the sled and put a small K&N crankcase vent filter on the end of it. I also noticed a small amount of yellowish oil/water mix in my stock air box.

Back