• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Relocated the fuse box

this is a must-do! A few weeks ago, it was -14 when we went to ride. I started the sled, got it off the trailer, shut it off, and then it wouldn't start. The relay froze... gotta replace this thing before it happens again... but I digress. Because I had relocated the fuse box, it was easy to pull it out and warm it up. Both mine and my GF's sled did the same thing. If I had to rip off all the panels in -14 temps to get to that fuse box, I'd have been a VERY unhappy camper. As it was, it took me two minutes to pull them out, and into my pocket to warm up. Then, just as quick to pop them back in, start up, and button up the panel.

Trust me, spend the half hour, and just do this "mod". It's free, and one day, you will be SO glad you did it!

What do you guys think about putting your spare belt here? I moved the fuse panel (brilliant idea) and that opened up a space for my spare belt? I added an electrical wire keeper under the airbox screw and ran a black zip tie through it and around the belt to keep it there. The white zip tie was already on the belt and I figure it keeps it more compact so I just left it.
belt.jpg

What do you guys think about putting your spare belt here? I moved the fuse panel (brilliant idea) and that opened up a space for my spare belt? I added an electrical wire keeper under the airbox screw and ran a black zip tie through it and around the belt to keep it there. The white zip tie was already on the belt and I figure it keeps it more compact so I just left it.
View attachment 138256
Question is, can you pull the belt out without removing the hood?

Also I had noticed a crack in my spare 8DN right where it is folded tight. Much to my amazement the belt when bent backwards cracked like cardboard. I thought of the recall Dayco had. This was same issue. Well I Have a pile of old Yamaha belts going back to SRX and even old Phazer belts. They ALL cracked very easily when bent sharply. I think age and heat must do them in. Tossed all of them in garbage. I am moving my belt to the bag on tunnel even though I loved having it above clutch cover. Just something for you all to check. Bend belt backwards and you will see if its junk or ready for service.

Also I had noticed a crack in my spare 8DN right where it is folded tight. Much to my amazement the belt when bent backwards cracked like cardboard. I thought of the recall Dayco had. This was same issue. Well I Have a pile of old Yamaha belts going back to SRX and even old Phazer belts. They ALL cracked very easily when bent sharply. I think age and heat must do them in. Tossed all of them in garbage. I am moving my belt to the bag on tunnel even though I loved having it above clutch cover. Just something for you all to check. Bend belt backwards and you will see if its junk or ready for service.
Interesting, I just took it OUT of my tunnel bag! I can't say I've really heard do's and don'ts regarding spare belt handling???

I installed BOP’S relocation bracket a while back, it sits up high, well engineered and labeled.
I personally like the added protection rather than just riveting to the clutch guard. Just what I prefer.

Attachments

• 3928A916-0BA1-4B45-AFF2-786F3FA92296.jpeg
    3928A916-0BA1-4B45-AFF2-786F3FA92296.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 395
Since I use a fuel cell combo from Powder Kegg in the back, I store the spare belt in my tank bag that Cat sells for the 7000 series sleds.

Every year at the start of the season, a new belt is installed on the sled and the belt from the previous season becomes the spare.
This is how the belt gets stored in the bottom of my tank bag

Attachments

• CED3A098-DAC5-4255-8B54-57173EACA05E.jpeg
    CED3A098-DAC5-4255-8B54-57173EACA05E.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 388
I am going to make a spot in tunnel bag and leave the belt in the packaging. New one every year.
I run a new belt every year as well. Never saw a belt crack like that.

I don’t like folding the belts either, I’ve had both NEW 8DN and 8GK (Phazer) belts crack between the lugs after sitting in the storage bag folded for a season. My homemade relocation bracket has enough room between the clutch guard and bracket to store a belt flat using an old 2 stroke belt holder.

For ease of access, fuse block protection, and belt storage in close to it's natural running state, it's hard to beat the Barn of Parts set up.

The quality is worth the price. Easy mounting & plug & play.

Cost less than the lake maps in my gps, or a night at a motel, or dinner with friends, or Wisconsin non resident trail pass for both sleds, etc.

Back