• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Remapping update

Rode this past week with Excell intake and MBRP can. I was hoping the Excell intake would help with the hot
start issue. It didn't. On a couple of hot starts the sled would just crank. Turn key off the sled would start but it took 2-5 seconds of cranking.

Taking sled to dealer for reflash this week.

Also. My sled had some crappy cold starts in the mornings, 0-10 degs.
The sled cranked and fired up basically normal when cold. But ran like crap during warm up.
It ran rough and sounded like a cylinder was cutting out. Almost stalled twice during warm up.
Shut sled off and restarted and ran fine. Strange.

After reflash hot start is great. Starts great in heated garage. But yesterday after 4 hrs in enclosed trailer at 20 deg it bucked the starter,started and died three times and backfired before starting but ran fine all day. Before reflash it had an extended crank hot but always started. Just afaraid i might damage the starter (and maybe my hearing) if this continues. it done this on both rides at 20f. Sled is stock.

I had mine out in Cooke City over Christmas. Started every day sitting out, temps anywhere from -26* to -8* in the mornings. Turned the key right to start, instant fire! Went right to high idle and ran perfect.
On a side note, is there a way to turn on the digital temp numbers in my temp guage? Or is that a '15 thing?

I had mine out in Cooke City over Christmas. Started every day sitting out, temps anywhere from -26* to -8* in the mornings. Turned the key right to start, instant fire! Went right to high idle and ran perfect.
On a side note, is there a way to turn on the digital temp numbers in my temp guage? Or is that a '15 thing?

On the digital temp, When you scroll to water temp for example, hold that button in for a few seconds and the digital temp should appear. Just did that on my sled. Nice to have actual temp display.

Someone will chime in but the side that has the bar read out for temp you have to hold that side button down for a few seconds and it should switch.

Subaru2006

Last edited:
I had the hot start issues last year as several people have. Ride for a while, stop to BS with your buddies and go to restart and it cranks for awhile before sputtering and starting. Got the reflash done and it never missed a beat starting hot on our trip to the UP. The strange thing is that it started cold just fine Sunday morning and it started fine after the 5 hr ride back to my buddies to get it off his trailer and one mine. The problem is when I got back to my place (maybe 20 minutes) it wouldn't start. It would crank just fine but it was beeping like it was in reverse, the reverse "R" light was on the dash, error codes P1692, P1689, P0562, P0031 all came up. I tried throwing a jump pack on it but it didn't help...left it for the night.

Let it sit overnight in the trailer, showed -13 F this morning and it started right up without missing a beat and went to high idle. The only thing that I may have done was take it off my friends trailer and load it on mine before it was warmed up. Probably sat running for 1-2 minutes before it drove it off/back on but the red temp light was still on.

I had the hot start issues last year as several people have. Ride for a while, stop to BS with your buddies and go to restart and it cranks for awhile before sputtering and starting. Got the reflash done and it never missed a beat starting hot on our trip to the UP. The strange thing is that it started cold just fine Sunday morning and it started fine after the 5 hr ride back to my buddies to get it off his trailer and one mine. The problem is when I got back to my place (maybe 20 minutes) it wouldn't start. It would crank just fine but it was beeping like it was in reverse, the reverse "R" light was on the dash, error codes P1692, P1689, P0562, P0031 all came up. I tried throwing a jump pack on it but it didn't help...left it for the night.

Let it sit overnight in the trailer, showed -13 F this morning and it started right up without missing a beat and went to high idle. The only thing that I may have done was take it off my friends trailer and load it on mine before it was warmed up. Probably sat running for 1-2 minutes before it drove it off/back on but the red temp light was still on.

I too have been impatient and backed sled off the deck with light on and saw odd results but I expected them and just shut off and back on. Never a problem when I wait...lol.

If the light is on you shouldnt be able to move the sled. It is a cold drive away feature and limits rpm below engagement. It might be to a certain temp.

Subaru2006

Last edited:
i do not have a trickle charger. the way mine acted could have been poor battery. I did crank quite long tho. i have update.

Check out Battery Tender Waterproof 800

You can add a plug in whip direct to the battery and get extras for other equipment. They also have a lighter socket cord end that is pretty darn handy as well as the simple alligator clips.

FWIW there is a sticker on the battery of my Doo that says to charge the battery every 3? months

My Harley is parked on a tender as well as my one truck that does not get used on a regular basis. It really helps to extend battery life.

Hey Guys
I am currently riding in Quebec and error P0130 alarm popped up! I know it is the o2 sensor, but can I still ride with it on? Sled is brand new, update is done with MBRP exhaust. I asked this question in another forum but Iam worried about it leaving me on trail;!

Based on the fact that if you use a PCV the O2 sensor is unplugged or removed I believe you will not hurt anything. But the PCV uses a bypass which is just a resistor to avoid a light. I would say if it idles properly and you have tried replugging it in and looked for obvious opens in wires I would run it. Just stick to near trailer for a few miles to test before you venture out.

I just did the re-flash last night and fuel line re-call while it was there.....(thank god cause my line clamps were extremely loose!)

Started up the sled in my shop (60°), ran it outside, opened the trailer and loaded the Viper. When I trailered 15 minutes to TA Motorsports, I dropped the door and went to start the sled.....lucky me, a starting issue. Was it too hot? No, it was 134° on coolant temp. My Viper rarely has the hot start issue, 4th time now.

They hooked up my sled and I watched the screen do little blips and heard the fan kick on once for about a millisecond. The guy doing it truned off the key and then back on to check mileage. After all the plastic was on I wanted to have the service guy try out my engagement.....fired right up and runs smooth at 1,500 at 13.1 AFR :)

Got home, opened the trailer and vroooom....fires right up!

Now, I was talking with the guy and his words were they raised the rev limiter to 9,250 and I am hoping I confirm this friday night :)

Hey Guys
I am currently riding in Quebec and error P0130 alarm popped up! I know it is the o2 sensor, but can I still ride with it on? Sled is brand new, update is done with MBRP exhaust. I asked this question in another forum but Iam worried about it leaving me on trail;!

After doing the can maybe just recheck your connection on the O2 sensor, make sure it's plugged in properly.

I just did the re-flash last night and fuel line re-call while it was there.....(thank god cause my line clamps were extremely loose!)

Started up the sled in my shop (60°), ran it outside, opened the trailer and loaded the Viper. When I trailered 15 minutes to TA Motorsports, I dropped the door and went to start the sled.....lucky me, a starting issue. Was it too hot? No, it was 134° on coolant temp. My Viper rarely has the hot start issue, 4th time now.

They hooked up my sled and I watched the screen do little blips and heard the fan kick on once for about a millisecond. The guy doing it truned off the key and then back on to check mileage. After all the plastic was on I wanted to have the service guy try out my engagement.....fired right up and runs smooth at 1,500 at 13.1 AFR :)

Got home, opened the trailer and vroooom....fires right up!

Now, I was talking with the guy and his words were they raised the rev limiter to 9,250 and I am hoping I confirm this friday night :)
I mentioned THIS exact thing in a post about a month ago or more. (raising the rev limiter). I did not hear this from the same place you did BUT I did hear it from someone else.. Interesting? Anyone confirm this?

Back