• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rip Saw damage

Smokey

Expert
I took close look at my track today. Have about 4000 miles. There are about 30 or so torn lugs. On the most part just the tops of the lugs torn off but some are worse. The old finger track on my 03 after 4600 miles had no track damage. Trust me don't want to go back to the finger track. Although I ride a little hard the conditions have been great this year so it is not from bad conditions. At this rate a couple more years the track will be toast. Anybody else notice this ????

1200 miles.. on an 05 rx1, and i can see the outside lip on the track, fibers are starting to show, metal clips on track wearing down.. definitly not happy

Well, all i know is the rip saw is one good track!! I think one of the best tracks ever made for the trail rider. One STRONG track.

Skydog

1400 miles on my 04 and its perfect. Track has great side bite but lacks in powder. To lazy to change it :) ===SRXSRULE===

5700 miles on my 04 Warrior and the Rip Saw is doing well ;)!
I'm studless :shock: And I ride hard!! :flag:

i notice that the left side of track , with 1500 miles on it, is wearing and can see thread.....but not right side, i guess its from riding on the snowbanks and the left side is always on road.....oh well

After 7500 miles mine is damaged too! :( I hope it will last an other season...

After 800 miles, my 121" had 3-4 ripped lugs - left out-side belt.

A big cause is from trying to side-cut banks when going down bare roads.

With all this talk about Rip-Saw dammage it makes me want a 1.25" 6 Pitch more than a Rip-Saw. The only thing is Camoplast does not make an 1.25" pre-drilled 6 Pitch only in a 1"

I would guess that those with studs have a lot less damage as their is less track spin. Post whther or not yours is studded. Any 145 hp machine which is non-studded will destroy a track from spinning.

I wonder if there is a trend here.

How many high mileage 2005 RX-1's have seen premature Ripsaw damage/failure?

Mine stretched horribly from day one. After every decent ride I had to tighten the track. By 5000 kms (3000 miles) many lug tips were starting to split open and fall off as well as it continued to stretch (I was riding in lots of icy and granular on top of ice conditions though - I'm sure this contributed).

Unfortunately at 9000 kms my suspension failed and badly stretched one side of the track - so much so that the fibers that held the right hand side lugs on failed and many fell off right at the base of the track.

Now it is totally shot - torn badly and missing many entire lugs on the one side as well as all of the lug tips have fallen off everywhere except the very center (made the sled tippy).

Also once I got the sled back with the fixed suspension, the track was very loose on the stretched side and very tight on the other side. It quickly stretch a little on the "less stretched" side and the lugs on that side look like they are going to start falling off soon.

Mine is not studded. My new track that I'll install over the summer is pre-punched for 144 studs.

Back