• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rode GSX 1200 Rotax I'm shocked

CaptCaper

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 RS Vector XTX 1.25 Lug wifes..2013 RS Vector LTX.. 2003 600 VMax Past Machines 3-2007 Attaks 1-2010 Vector LTX.. sorry no Stinkdoos or poo's cats.
how nice it rode..It seemed so easy to steer,no ski lift man I hate my ski lift, didn't feel front end heavy at all.
The clutch was smooth in takeing off. Handled bumps nice. All stock. I wish my Attak was like that.
I'm shocked at how nice it was right from the factory. It has 300 mi. on it. Decent Red color.

I need to get my 07 Attak to ride and handle like that. I hate my Ski lifting in turns. Is this GSX actually lighter or better balanced or is it the way they set it up from OEM. Pilot's? I noticed the skis were wider and shaped different.
They have a winner there right off the assembly line.

I rode one last season as well and felt the same way. Near perfect sled would be our motor in that chassis. Still holding my breath for 2011 for an updated chassis from Yamaha.

Good Motor in our sleds for sure. I can't see the blowing the motor the way I use it anyway. If I pushed that hard I would get boucned or fall off the back somewere on the trail LOL

My cousin just got one a month ago and I am considering one in the future. The thing is you don't have to change the skis, upgrade idler wheels or upgrade hand warmers to make it a worry free ride.

Yamaha should learn from them on how to create a "complete" packaged sled, not just rely on a great engine.

shocked?...why?......i rode doos for 25+ yrs and the last 10 or so years they all handled incredibly flat.

I dont think anyone can ever say DOOS dont handle great....and now with a 4 stroke for reliability yammie MUST step it up,especially in handling dept.

there are many many yammie 4 stroke faithful jumping ship to the new 1200 DOO!!!....hope yammie sees that!

Dan

I was going to get an Vector LTX for the wife but she won't like the handleing( I assume it would be similar to my 07 ATTAK) vs her Vmax I've been worried about this for a while. But she would love the GSX 136in. 1200. She could handle that one.

I was looking into the 1200 doo for Lori as I would love to have one in the fleet to try!....lol

But she wanted the Vector...she said the 1200 DOO is too ugly!....and i agree,the vectors are much better looking.

the 1200 doo is fat,reminds me alot of my 06 MACHZ sorta in a way. but they do handle!

Dan

Don't worry, had a 1200 trailered out this weekend. Overheated every 4 miles, update done this fall for that issue ( did last year since new) less then 600 miles on this sled and has not ran 100% since new. They are scratching their head at the dealership. Rode it this weekend for a few miles, very nice sled for a cruiser, rode nice, ok power, just very boring compared to my Nytro but I understand why people want it like that.

Just sold my Apex GT last week and picked up a 2010 1200 GSX SE and all I can say is you must try one. Feels 100 lbs lighter up front and rides just as good if not better. It will not lift a ski in the corners like the Apex. The motor is just as smooth and alot quieter-no more exhaust drone for me. Alot easier to drive and the seating position is much better

HONDAFIXER said:
Just sold my Apex GT last week and picked up a 2010 1200 GSX SE and all I can say is you must try one. Feels 100 lbs lighter up front and rides just as good if not better. It will not lift a ski in the corners like the Apex. The motor is just as smooth and alot quieter-no more exhaust drone for me. Alot easier to drive and the seating position is much better

You hit the nail on the head..My same exact impressions. I noticed it right off within minutes.

I had a REV XP for a short time and was impressed with the handling but not enough engine for me with the 600sdi. It has comparable HP to the 1200 4stroke. If I would have never owned a Yamaha 4 cylinder 4-stroke I wouldn't have known what I was missing and kept the Doo.

I don't agree. I have an ATTAK for 3 seasons now and I rode that GSX yesterday on the same trails as my ATTAK. We switched right out on the trials during the middle of the 130 mile ride. This thing got up and going no problem. There is a 20 hp difference and an extra cylinder but compared to everything else that didn't make a bit of difference to me. They will sells lot's of them in the future for sure securing their lead I'm sure.

Yes try it first of course. My Attak is basically stock except the for big boy spring. This Doo has a firm seat as well and didn't seem to bottom at all like my stock Attak before the BigBoy and Revalve..
I still love the Attak but man was I shocked. It'll do damage on the VectorLTX and ApexLTX.

Nothing against the Apex but you can hands down drive the 1200 Ski Doo faster and easier in the trails. The only place the Apex is better is in a very long straightaway

Back