• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Roll-over

kurzy

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
'08 40th. Anniversary Nytro RTX
With my rev whenever I was performing certain tasks like changeing skiis or carbides I would roll the sled on it's side to a kind of balance point. I now am a proud owner of a Nytro and want to know if this is a fair practice with a four stroke. I bought it at the end of the year and only got one ride on it. I have been going nuts just looking at it all spring! this site is awesome and has opened my eyes to some of the things to work on before I ride next year.

I would buy a roll over kit. It stops the oil from leaking into the air box. The only thing I have had a problem with it is that oil breather leaking all over.

kurzy, I have lots of information about roll-over valves on my web site at, http://fourstrokesolutionsllc.com/.
There is a photo gallery page with lots of pics and pages with installation instructions, some history information, etc.
They are designed for easy installation so that the sledder can install it him/her self. I've also had some customers prefer to have they're dealer/sled shop install them before as well.

Bill

if u dont have the roll over valve, such as myself, always roll it to the right side if u need to do any work to the machine, but the roll over valve is a good idea especially if u do any mountain or deep snow riding where it is easy to tip it upside down, and not easy to get it back on its skis by yourself! lol.

I just got Bill's kit today and I can't wait to install it and give it a try next season. The plug and play kit looks like its an accessory from Yamaha, looks very well built/assembled.

Ruckus said:
Start the machine and pull the tether. Then put it on its side.

You don't even need to start it. Key in the ON position and a tether pull will work.

Back