• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RPM range with 1.5" Freeride ???

Jeremy

Expert
I have a 1.5" freeride and I can pull anywhere from 11000-11500 but with the 1" I could pull 11800-12200. Just wondering what type of RPM range you other freeriders are pulling ??? Will a clutch kit add or remove RPM's ??? Thanks for the info guys !!!

Got a freeride on mine and that seems about right. With the stock track I was over revving like you too. I put the freeride on it along with the Ulmer clutch kit and that's about what I was getting last year. With the freeride and the clutch kit I'd pull between 11,200 and then 11,800 which is just right.

Thanks guys !! Feels good now that I know I am running normal.... well I guess I should ask this one too. What kind of speed loss did you see ??? This is on the dream-o-meter: 140kph with stock track / 118-125kph with Freeride.

Cannondal and motoman, have you lost speed as well ???

I'm about the same. Give or take for conditions. Saw a max of 83 mph stock sled with stock track. 85 mph was the max I saw with the freeride installed, but at the same time I added the Super Q exhaust, Ulmer clutch kit, and vent holes in the lid of the airbox. Plus I replaced the stock skis with C & A pros which are lighter, removed the anti sway bar which was a couple more pounds, and the tool box off the back, and lighter weight harder spring rate springs on the shocks. So it was a lot of change from the first season stock to the second season.

Motoman765 said:
I'm about the same. Give or take for conditions. Saw a max of 83 mph stock sled with stock track. 85 mph was the max I saw with the freeride installed, but at the same time I added the Super Q exhaust, Ulmer clutch kit, and vent holes in the lid of the airbox. Plus I replaced the stock skis with C & A pros which are lighter, removed the anti sway bar which was a couple more pounds, and the tool box off the back, and lighter weight harder spring rate springs on the shocks. So it was a lot of change from the first season stock to the second season.

we have pretty much the same mods except that mine are not installed yet. I'm looking forward to the mods though.

Back