• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Season almost done

I have threw in thw towel for wisconsin riding, starting tomorrow they are forcasting 60's and a couple 70 degree days for the next week here..... :o| :o| :o|

Got 25cm of snow a few days ago.Great powder with a frozen base underneath.Today it was 14.C and 80% of the snow is gone.Calls for cold temps this week but its over(we need a massive "Shelias Brush" for this to come back).

Did 60 miles from home tonight after supper to check trail conditions after a 2 day melt down!!! Some water puddles and icy spots other than that the trails are still good .The groomer is out and and it's freezing hard tonight with about a inch of fresh snow on the ground so we will be good for the weekend!!! :-o The forecast for next week :die

Have had about a foot of nice powder in the past week and few days above freezing. We spent the day below the house in the marsh, just blasting around in the deep stuff. Awesome day

stevewithOCD said:
VECTOR: I know these trails. Where do you ride out from?
Usually we ride Jackman early and late in the year. Those pics were when we rode out of Shin Pond. We mix it up "mid" season. Could be anywhere. Milli,Rangeley,Rockwood... wherever. A change of scenery is always good. The way my schedule rolls we are probably done for the season. Supposed to be really warm from here on out. Sucks.

KBrian said:
Have had about a foot of nice powder in the past week and few days above freezing. We spent the day below the house in the marsh, just blasting around in the deep stuff. Awesome day
I think you guys caught the same system that moved through here. Foot of fresh 2 feet at higher elevations. Good for at least another month here.
:Rockon:

Still seeing more fresh snow here in the mountains. We normally find places to ride until June or maybe July.................

Between the 6 day forcast below and a blown engine, my season is DONE

Long Term Forecast Updated: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 15:00 CST
High 7°C 9°C 14°C 11°C 18°C 18°C
Low 0°C -1°C -3°C 2°C 2°C 5°C

We are just about right here. 20 miles north and there is about 4 1/2 feet of snow, and 50 miles south and the golf courses are open. Right here we are riding the dunes on wheelers.

Well if the forecasts are right here I think my season is over. Gonna keep sled here just in case there is another chance but today the snow was very heavy and soft. On the good side I was able to get the boy out for an hour in the fields to finish his season off as well. I would have one not happy 3 year old if he did not get a final ride in.

Vmax4 said:
Still seeing more fresh snow here in the mountains. We normally find places to ride until June or maybe July.................
Anything else you want to rub in our faces????? :tg:

Back