• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder Luggage

Powderkeg looks really good, price is crazy. Anyone have any real world experience with them??
My buddy has one on his Cat. Not much snow last year so only a few rides, but so far so good. The only thing is they shorted him on the rivets included for the installation, so he had to improvise.

I finally found the '17 items through my dealer's website, and then specifically locating his link to the Yamaha catalogue.

In looking at the options for saddle bags and "trunk," options.....I noticed at least twice, if not three separate items are $100 to $125 more, simply by being all black. The blue and silver options for one set for example, are $239.....while the black version is $333!

Some really great products and options, and I've never had an issue with the quality. But it's a bit irritating to pay 1/3 rd more, to get a basic color option.

Q. Arrius

I finally found the '17 items through my dealer's website, and then specifically locating his link to the Yamaha catalogue.
Awesome! Thanks!

I wonder why the flotation plate is more $ then the whole skid plate? It looks like it's just a small part that keeps snow from getting pushed into the bottom of the front bumper. Unless I'm wrong?

SMA-8KC34-00-BK.jpg

This Floatation Plate adds the maximum amount of protection and additional floatation, helping the snowmobile float through the powder.
  • Durable UHMW construction
  • Includes all mounting hardware
Wow Red and Black listed @ $129.99 with Blue being $168.60
----------------------------------
Skid Plate
SMA-8LR34-00-BK.jpg

• Full protection for the underside of your SRViper or SideWinder
  • All mounting hardware included
  • Fits all SRViper and Sidewinder models
$79.99 All colors

I believe the flotation plates are for a pair 1 for each ski suspension -goal is to float not just push the snow

I believe the flotation plates are for a pair 1 for each ski suspension -goal is to float not just push the snow
Hmm good thinking. I hope that's the case. I loved the arm protectors on my apex. Sadly I don't think that's what this is by the description they talk like it's 1 item and not a set (It actually looks just like that skid plate but a smaller view and the sides sticking out farther with the front curving up more). But one can hope. You would think as long as it takes them to put together their accessory catalog they could a better job with their descriptions and pictures.

Now that many of you have taken delivery of your sleds, has anyone investigated the Powderkeg tunnel bag? I'm wondering if it can be installed on the sidewinder with the heat exchanger. I know the Viper guys used them, but I don't believe the Vipers had the heat exchanger to contend with.

SMA-8JP43-00-00

Has anyone used this handlebar bag on a viper or sw with a mountain bar. I love mine on my nytro but it doesn't have a mountain bar/strap?

I wonder why the flotation plate is more $ then the whole skid plate? It looks like it's just a small part that keeps snow from getting pushed into the bottom of the front bumper. Unless I'm wrong?

SMA-8KC34-00-BK.jpg

This Floatation Plate adds the maximum amount of protection and additional floatation, helping the snowmobile float through the powder.
  • Durable UHMW construction
  • Includes all mounting hardware
Wow Red and Black listed @ $129.99 with Blue being $168.60
----------------------------------
Skid Plate
SMA-8LR34-00-BK.jpg

• Full protection for the underside of your SRViper or SideWinder
  • All mounting hardware included
  • Fits all SRViper and Sidewinder models
$79.99 All colors
I ordered a skid plate in black but didn't see anything about a floatation plate :( do u have a part #

What rear luggage are you going to buy for your sidewinder?
I guess I will need a small one for day trips and a bigger one for weekenders...damn it $$$
I just role with a backpack fits at 15 back perfectly lol

Here's a few shots of the AC tunnel bag. It's real nice but the problem on the RTX is that it's a tad too long and hits the tail light. Maybe these are different on the AC? Anyway, I just took the plastic sheet out of the bottom and cut it back so the bag could collapse around the tail light a bit. Even with this imperfection I thought it still looks a lot nicer than the Yamaha bag with the straps going to the tunnel.

Attachments

• IMG_2620.jpg
    IMG_2620.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 675
  • IMG_2621.jpg
    IMG_2621.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_2622.jpg
    IMG_2622.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 654
I ordered a skid plate in black but didn't see anything about a floatation plate :( do u have a part #
I for the life of me can't remember what site I saw that on. But after searching some more it looks like that float plate is for the vipers. Maybe it works on the winder also? I am guessing it fits right up to the bumper to help snow from getting behind the bumper? I dunno. Here is the p/n: SMA-8KC34-00-BK On the Canada site it says "Does not fit up with optional accessory front bumpers" So it might not work on the winder. I'm guessing wherever I saw it had incorrect info listed.

Here's a few shots of the AC tunnel bag. It's real nice but the problem on the RTX is that it's a tad too long and hits the tail light. Maybe these are different on the AC? Anyway, I just took the plastic sheet out of the bottom and cut it back so the bag could collapse around the tail light a bit. Even with this imperfection I thought it still looks a lot nicer than the Yamaha bag with the straps going to the tunnel.
That bag is a definite maybe Do you think it could be mounted if a Roto pax gas can was underneath of it ?

Back