• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder MTX gearing

RyanMcTaggart

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha sidewinder mtx 153" 3"lug
Hey guys I have a 2018 Yamaha sidewinder MTX with 3" lug track and I am putting the turbo dynamics max spool 17 tune in it . And I am curious on what I should change my gearing to its stock at 21/49 was told to just bring the bottom gear to a 41 tooth gear will this help at all ? I would like to see what the guys running high 260hp and up mtx winders gearing at or should I just keep it at stock gearing for this big track

Last edited:

stock here. 260hp and holds around 9400 rpms in Colorado where we park at 10k feet.

Last edited:
What’s the sled with stock gearing getting for mph?

Last edited:
Hey guys I have a 2018 Yamaha sidewinder MTX with 3" lug track and I am putting the turbo dynamics max spool 17 tune in it . And I am curious on what I should change my gearing to its stock at 21/49 was told to just bring the bottom gear to a 41 tooth gear will this help at all ? I would like to see what the guys running high 260hp and up mtx winders gearing at or should I just keep it at stock gearing for this big track
Did you end up changing gears?

Back