• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder sled lift - What do you guys like?

My Apex sits up on it ALL off season for about 8 years now. It has thick rubber pieces where the exchangers are. Not a problem, at least with mine. That part of belly pan is really where the whole front main frame starts. Very strong.

I want one of those aluminum lifts as well perhaps we could do a group buy and save some money

Just ordered the Lift-A-Sled aluminum lift tonight. I went thru Ken at whiplash powersports. Got a great deal and very excited. If anyone wants one, please shoot me a PM and I will give you Kens email, and he answers quickly with any questions you may have. Tell him rockerdan sent you, and you just may get a discount..lol

I will surely slap up some pics when I get it home and the new WINDER sitting on it...no more sore back bending over!

Dan

My Apex sits up on it ALL off season for about 8 years now. It has thick rubber pieces where the exchangers are. Not a problem, at least with mine. That part of belly pan is really where the whole front main frame starts. Very strong.
Thanks. My buddy brought his over, and the cross brace at the front seemed to fall right on the back of the belly pan, which seemed like it was just the belly pan and the heat exchanger. Maybe the frame is there on the sides and I just wasn't thinking it through. These are a great option for working on sleds though. My back has killed me after a few hours hunched over.

I want one of those aluminum lifts as well perhaps we could do a group buy and save some money
I inquired about group buy and at this time they are not going to do any.

I recommend you email Ken at whiplash, as he was cheaper then the builder himself. The closer you are located to Wisconsin will help with the shipping cost, as it was $55 for NY to me.

Shoot me a PM and I will give you Kens email.

BTW they shipped mine out today already, and I got UPS tracking number. Wont be long. and Im excited, as sled should be arriving in the next few weeks, as my dealer just told me he got the first 18SW! woohooo

I'd like to have another one. I like the idea of an aluminum lift. I wonder if he will bring any to Milwaukee

There was a complete drawing with bill of materials on Dootalk that I used to build my own years ago. Purchased the swivel jack, tubing, nuts and bolts and modified the design to make it taller and worked great. The taller version was fine for my MachZ but unstable with casters. Will buy one off the shelf for the Sidewinder or possibly use a modified pallet stacker (manual forklift).

i am using one my brother and his students built according to the plans in the tec pages. works well but we do not have wheels on ours.

Plans to build your own Sled Lift

Hey guys....

Ken got my lift-a-sled alum lift out to me very fast, It was here yesterday when I got home from work.

I did not have alot of time, but i wanted to see it....so I pulled it out of box and in about 5 mins it was put together, wow this is ONE NICE PIECE! And after talking with a few buds with steel lifts, they all are now envious of this lift. The aluminum lightweight factor, and just how trick the shiny alum looks, and no need for paint....makes it the top choice IMO. But then include all its great features and there is no other lift in the same league IMO. 6 steel rollers are amazingly tough, and the very nicely designed adjustable legs under the footwells are fantastic. So the initial review is that this things is all i had hoped it was, and with all the amazing reviews over the yrs, it should perform and last many many yrs to come.

Even got a beer cooly and a bottle opener! haha

Ken threw in some cool goodies too...Here are some initial pics, and I will take more and post when I get the New SW on it! Wont be long now!

Anyone wants Kens email address just PM me.

Dan

IMG_9531.JPG
IMG_9533.JPG
IMG_9532.JPG
IMG_9534.JPG
IMG_9535.JPG
IMG_9536.JPG
IMG_9537.JPG
IMG_9538.JPG
IMG_9540.JPG
IMG_9541.JPG
IMG_9545.JPG
IMG_9546.JPG
IMG_9548.JPG
IMG_9550.JPG
IMG_9551.JPG
IMG_9552.JPG
IMG_9553.JPG
IMG_9554.JPG
IMG_9555.JPG

I think you're going to have to put a shim on the front to keep the bottom of the chain case from hitting the side rail. What's on there doesn't appear high enough

I think you're going to have to put a shim on the front to keep the bottom of the chain case from hitting the side rail. What's on there doesn't appear high enough
Cant say for sure as sled is not here,but several cat owners with same chassie, and not one has mentioned this. So I assume it is a non issue. I know all the DOO guys rave about the lift, and I would assume the tunnels and chaincase/brake rotor placement is all similar. I know there are a few out there that dont have the raised cross bar(with padding) and that one did not fit my 1200doo well at all, i wouldnt even use it as it hit that chaincase area. But that is why I wanted the one with raised cross bar like this one has, and most of the upper end ones seem to have.

But I will let everyone know if there is some sort of issue for sure.

Last edited:
that is a nice looking sled lift!

I will be extra impressed when Dan gets it anodized
That is the nicest lift I have seen

Back