• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder sled lift - What do you guys like?

I had an aluminum one before the trick lift and I did not like it because it tended to sway when working on my sled..i will take the safety over weight...
I only would use this one in ALUM, this thing is a monster, very overbuilt. Im sure some others are not strong, but aluminum is just as rigid as steel when the design is right.

Nothing against steel, but it needs paint or PC and can still rust over time, and if you have worked with steel lift vs Alum, it only takes a second to realize how much easier the Alum is. Less then half the overall weight, 8 steel castors, and just about every top knotch design is on it. Im particular about these type of things, and its hard to get a lift with all positive reviews over so many seasons. And now that I have it, i can see why they all rave about it.

What bothers me about the steel lifts, is that steel is so much cheaper and they charge alot for the steel lifts. Alum cost much more, and while its not a cheap price to buy, it is very close to most all the steel lifts I looked in to.

I only would use this one in ALUM, this thing is a monster, very overbuilt. Im sure some others are not strong, but aluminum is just as rigid as steel when the design is right.

Nothing against steel, but it needs paint or PC and can still rust over time, and if you have worked with steel lift vs Alum, it only takes a second to realize how much easier the Alum is. Less then half the overall weight, 8 steel castors, and just about every top knotch design is on it. Im particular about these type of things, and its hard to get a lift with all positive reviews over so many seasons. And now that I have it, i can see why they all rave about it.

What bothers me about the steel lifts, is that steel is so much cheaper and they charge alot for the steel lifts. Alum cost much more, and while its not a cheap price to buy, it is very close to most all the steel lifts I looked in to.
trick lift has a 5000lb jack and built like the space shuttle

Ahh those are nice, but they are steel...Now that I have an aluminum lift....Hard to imagine the heavy steel one.

Dan

I spoke with Brian at Trick lift yesterday super responsive, nice guy. I aksed abut the weight and his lift is only 64lbs and holds over a thousand. You can run the engine and sit on it at the same time. Decisions......

00q0q_jRbKzo3A7ST_600x450.jpg

I'm in the market for a lift also but for now I have a pretty slick setup with an ATV winch that makes it way easier to lift the back end for skid removal.

I spoke with Brian at Trick lift yesterday super responsive, nice guy. I aksed abut the weight and his lift is only 64lbs and holds over a thousand. You can run the engine and sit on it at the same time. Decisions......
Wow, that must be some thin steel? All the steel ones I looked into were close to 100 and some 110lbs....I wonder if that is right?

I guess it could be, but that is abit scary then....maybe thin steel would be my guess?

I went with the one that has a zillion reviews on Dootalk. I only saw tricklift after alot of searching, and only saw one or two who even owned one. Not saying it bad, but many of these you find out issues with cheap rollers over time. The 8 steel rollers with locks on mine was a huge selling point.

Dan

View attachment 131315 View attachment 131314 Im not knocking ken but do your research, for me it would be cheaper to deal with the manufacturer.
Yes but you missed the part where you live closer to the builder.

I started with the builder and he needed alot more shipping cost to NY, and Ken gave me the smoking deal of century which I cannot repeat.....So yes, use your common sense on location for sure.

I got my sled home today, and man this lift is impressive!

Dan

IMG_9598.JPG

I think you're going to have to put a shim on the front to keep the bottom of the chain case from hitting the side rail. What's on there doesn't appear high enough

As I assumed, your theory was off. I did alot of research on this lift, and I was fully aware how some designs can hit the chain case and rotor drops. So when looking, you need a tall enough cross bar(raised up) and its very obvious in the pics that the design was good. So I just wanted to let you all know, this lift works amazing on the SW. Ultra secure, 8 steel wheels, no way it is flimsy in any way. Very tall too....I could not be happier with the adjustability of the feet to fit this sled(and any sled for that matter) like a glove....fully covered in soft materials so no marring of my red tunnel..perfect IMO.

Dan

IMG_9599.JPG
IMG_9600.JPG
IMG_9601.JPG
IMG_9602.JPG
IMG_9603.JPG
IMG_9604.JPG
IMG_9606.JPG

Back