• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ski-doo tech! 2-stroke better than 4.

Ole Timer said:
How is it that ONE IDIOT can get you guys all wound up? Just don't respond to this Doo Doo guy and once he realizes it he will go away ! :moon:

I know I know, I can ignore nonsense but........
A lot of new members, we also have a lot of guests. Dont want to let all those mistruths stand. Manufactures have to hype their products, but that was just too far over the top to let it stand as fact. :D

This topic was started by a Yamaha lover. I just typed in what was said on the Skidoo site. The truth is out there ....... im jsut spreading the good word. Thanks for listening. :rocks:

Skidoo10 said:
This topic was started by a Yamaha lover. I just typed in what was said on the Skidoo site. The truth is out there ....... im jsut spreading the good word. Thanks for listening. :rocks:

Yeah I saw it that way, that is why I did not direct my posts to you personally. Do you believe all of what they say??
If I am missing something please teach me. I am very open to learning all I can learn.

ski-doo10, do u ave any plans on buying a Yamaha in ur lifetime?(just wondering)
i don't care about u say about ur doos, u can beleave what ya want
also if ur such a bombardier fan why are u here?...checking out the competition?

here even the cats are way better then the doos for reliabilty and they still talk about them here
at are local doo dealer they now put out around 150 a year and i say 1/2 of the liquid cooled one comes back in with a blown motor within 3 months :ORC

LOL... Nice thread! I can't stop laughin'... ;)!
Everybody has their claws out, ready to jump at anything now before the sleds starts to come in. I guess we will see in a few months what the difference will be...
Maybe a little off-topic, but here' goes:
My take on this is that the four-strokes are great, but has their limitations still. The APEX is a step in the right direction power and seating-wise, but is still not the best in some conditions, like tight twisty trails and in a few feet of fresh snow (not many groomed trails around here). The weight was still an issue on the GT i rode this spring. Compared to the stock 05 F7 I was riding with, I had no chance. But once we got out on the lake it was a totally different story, then it was no big problem to hang onto him...
As I see it, I want the two-smoke in the woods and the big whoops, and the 4-stroke on the lakes/groomed trails (not to forget at the gas-station). It all depends on what terrain you ride the most. I just hope Yamaha will make a APEX Venture TF one of these days, that would be my ticket back! The longer track really made a difference on my RS Venture TF, balanced out the front more, compared to my Warrior (of course the 22pounds lighter engine had some to do with it also). :D
Just IMHO...

Easier on your wallet? I paid $8900.00 out the door for an Apex E-R. The cheapest 2006 Mach Z I heard a price on was about $9800.00 out the door. Were there better Mach Z prices out there? Then of course you still have the difference in the operating expenses which greatly favors the Apex.

PD Pete dont wast your time with Skidoo10 , he probably rides an old TrailFire. Hey whos Rx1 did i fix at your cabin before the 1st ride of the year? Your welcome.

Not the sleds fault, the mechanic did not hook up the tail light before putting the seat back on (changing rivot direction). Thats why I did not do business with that dealer. THEY SUCKED good thing all yamaha dealers arent that bad, I thought you were sick METS lost, BEARS will too GO PACKERS GO#1
NICE TRUCK ;)!

clue me in on how to get a picture on
APEX ER blue on order :Rockon: :4STroke:

Just wait till the snow dust settles in the Spring of 2006. All the non 4 stroke believers will then know what they are missing out on. :yam:

Skidoo10 said:

Boy are you reaching....Just for the record I have owned Ski-Doo's (583 & 670's) and I have rode 3 different REV's. And guess what?.....I like them. But not enough to ever buy one over a Yamaha 4-stroke. I have NEVER rode a snowmobile that had a engine that was more fun than the RX-1 motor. NEVER. The statements made by Ski-Doo are misleading to any potential buyer with minimal knowledge of our sport.
And Just for the record. Call the local Ski-Doo dealership in Gaylord and ask them how many engine failures they have had on REV's.

Dude all your spreading is Ski-Doo's B.S. lies. Thanks for listening. :Rockon:

Back