• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slipping out of gear.

I run mine just OVER the sight glass. It is a long chain case and a long way to that top bearing. No problems yet.

The proper amount is NOT 16 nor 8...lol

As Ive said many times, and manual states. 120z. Puts it right in center of sight glass.

Dan
LOL. I was going from what I have heard because mine broke last season just like the one in video. The shop fixed it so I myself have not yet changed oil in gearcase yet. But when I do here soon I will be adding more than 12oz.

I would be very interested to see how your gear fits the shaft???
Sorry it was my 1110 cat I had that oil in ,, this is what kind I used 3500 miles gear is still fine

Attachments

• A94491C4-2C6E-4D7C-930F-563ABA6388DA.jpeg
    A94491C4-2C6E-4D7C-930F-563ABA6388DA.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 93
Mine popped out of gear at about 80 mph on the lake and coasted to a stop. I thought I would try shifting it in and out of reverse to see if that would help. It made a bad grinding noise and then it was stuck in reverse with an SD-08 fault code.

Dealer found all of the same things shown in this thread and has submitted a warranty claim which he expects will be approved since this is a well known common problem. My sled has 2600 miles on it and I have YES warranty coverage for two more years.

Mine popped out of gear at about 80 mph on the lake and coasted to a stop. I thought I would try shifting it in and out of reverse to see if that would help. It made a bad grinding noise and then it was stuck in reverse with an SD-08 fault cod

Dealer found all of the same things shown in this thread and has submitted a warranty claim which he expects will be approved since this is a well known common problem. My sled has 2600 miles on it and I have YES warranty coverage for two more years.[/QUOTE

very common issue now. I hope your dealer gets you fixed up fast

Some parts are on back order until Jan. Looks like I wont be going on my planned trip this coming weekend.

Try getting them from a Cat dealer.

They are being warrantied by Yamaha. My dealer is checking around to see if he can get the parts sooner.

Back