• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

So Confused, MPI 180 or 190?

Machzrobbie I bought your apex supercharger kit off here a while ago but anyway I'm running the mcx 270hp kit now on viper it just rocks only problem is it does not run to its full potential unless the air cleaner is through the hood

What does mcx use for an exhaust on standard kits? Is it a quiet exhaust or free flowing loud one? I had an exhaust made for my stage 1 mpi using a big core muffler, very deep sound! The sled is going to be getting dynoed here fairly soon, first thing we're gonna do is set it at 4.5 pounds and run it with the mpi quiet muffler and then swap out for the new exhaust without making any changes and hopefully making a nice broad gain. Shooting for around 10 pounds so the quiet one wouldn't cut it as I'm sure it would be too restrictive at those boost levels.

It's not very heavy and sounds very close to stock my friends keep telling me to get a pipe on it but I like it quite

Well I was not very impressed with the performance of the kit after comming off the apex I knew there was no way it was 270hp had too much fuel and not all the power. Dealer did not want to help or know how to, got ahold of a dealer out west and he said put it through the hood. After that I bet it picked up 30hp could not keep it off the Rev limiter, there is no comparison between in and out of the hood

Do a search under Studroes. He had some trouble with one brand. Not sure if that was it. I really like Innovate. Running a AFR on my NA. Have heard nothing but good things about them.
AFR.JPG

Is

Is it a mechanical gauge??? It all depends what you want, a mechanical gauge can be hard to see exact boost level

It's not mechanical, I'm not sure if it shows a decimal point though. It looks to have 3 places for numbers though.

Attachments

• IMG_20151226_233825.jpg
    IMG_20151226_233825.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 77
I had huge issues with fogging in Mesa. I installed the gauges in a +10C environment and took them outside. I have since left them outside in -25C outside with the bezels off and put them back on with a little DiElectric grease on the theads. Clear as a bell. :)

Back