• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

So my wife says

Why are you taking apart a brand new sled? She doesn't get that these things aren't gas and go. LOL. SO I put in a 4th wheel kit, hose protectors, rollover bypass kit, DMC top gear, welded tensioner roller, brass shift fork pads, driveshaft saver, upnorth tech bracket for gas, oil tank gasket, rear tunnel savers, tunnel saver kit, seat screw, belt adjuster, and padded fuse box in front. Still have to do ice scratchers, wanna replace rear axel with solid one piece, one nut axel, belly pan protector, and rivnut lower panels. She just doesn't get it.
I agree with your wife, I dont get why either!

Those bolts have been known to rip through the tunnel. Those plates reinforce the area to prevent
Those plates won’t stop it, get a better centre spring and heavy duty cross shaft like hurricane sells.

Or get the heavy duty ones from 15 viper rtx le.lower shock mount is steel and new upper is 3/4" with longer bolts

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221107202843.png
    Screenshot_20221107202843.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 121
How the F hard are you guys riding these things to break the cross shaft, and fold the tunnel? LOL. Man, I'm a whimpy rider apparently. LMAO.

what’s up with those black plates on the rear suspension front mounts ?
I've seen many sleds with hairline cracks radiating outwards from the mounting hole. These BOP plates reinforce the mounting area and prevent that.

Those plates won’t stop it, get a better centre spring and heavy duty cross shaft like hurricane sells.
BOP sells a nice stainless steel cross shaft to replace thhe stock aluminum one.

I've seen many sleds with hairline cracks radiating outwards from the mounting hole. These BOP plates reinforce the mounting area and prevent that.
Yes but those plates will not stop the damage from a broken cross shaft. Seen it . The issue is a weak front spring allowing the really short front shock to bottom destroying itself. Now you are hammering that wimpy cross shaft, it’s gonna break . Ive replaced and rebuilt dozens of these shocks and until you put an adequate spring and crossshaft in there you’re on borrowed time. Unless you weigh160 lbs soaking wet. Checking that shock should be done frequently.

You're kidding, right? Ride your Apex 500 miles a year, and yeah you will have no problems. Ride a sidewinder 5k miles a year without preventative maintenance, you will have an issue pop up. Move along.
No I'm not kidding! average 3000 - 4000 miles per year on my Apex!

Back