• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sorry Yamaha 10,000 kms and no new changes so bye bye

low slung said:
Rear exhaust is the only way to go on a four-stroke.But on the other hand there are alot of people who like the nose heavy feel of having the exhaust on the front end :o| .Wonder if these people would buy a motorcycle with the muffler on the front forks :jump: .

your kidding right? nose heavy and Nytro are synonyms....look it up :)

What is the deal?

Like Stopdrop...I am jumping over to an M1100T LE...

Fact is Nytros are an ok sled, however....to get them to compete with the other brands out west, they need SERIOUS money put into them...I know first hand....

Even then you still have some geometry issues you are fighting, as well as some design issues like the oil tanks breaking when you lay them on their sides very much (I went through two, before I had one custom made), it is just a poor design....speaking of oil, it is a poor design to not have something from the factory that addresses the sled rolling over and puking all its oil...The subframes are also very weak, went through 2...

all just facts...not bashing...I enjoyed my Nytro, and have met some great people on the Blue site...several of us were friends over on the Doo site (nikolai, etc.)...

The hard part of people arguing the reliability part, is there are a lot of us who switch sleds prior to having any reliability issue...for me, I have sold my last two sleds with atleast 1 more year of warranty left on it (i always buy extended bumper to bumper)...The other side, is there are some sleds that are running with great reliability...the Z1 turbo has been a very reliable engine...

Just a final thought, and I will go back to my Mountain side of the world :)

I hope Cat raises the bar, and that they become the benchmark that others (yamaha) rise up to and then they raise the bar...when they do so, we the consumers win...

One example of that, is Yamaha offering boost at a reasonable price to compete...it is a great thing for us, the consumers...

sorry, forgot one last point...

Cat did not claim to drop 65lbs. off the sled...they said they pulled 65 lbs. off the front of the sled...they did...they moved the battery to the back, under the seat (Yamaha, this is a good idea), and they flattened the gas tank to create a lower center of gravity, as well as take more weight off the front...

All good ideas, and others will follow...

for me, I learned the lightweight battery thing with my yammie, and will carry that over as one of the first things to lighten up on my Cat...

KINS said:
However I can see that with Arctic Cats new line up of factory turbo sleds, selling my Nytro to purchase a factory turbo will have to be considered along side putting another $5,000 into mine. That will put me at well over the twenty grand mark and next year the sled will be 5 years old.

$1,500 for a Super Charger out of the States.

Some logistical challenges to get it from the States to NL, but this is something that could keep me on my Nytro.

:Rockon:

EDIT, Perhaps I spoke too soon. It looks as if they may not be available at $1,500 for those of us that have our nytros all ready. :o|

I agree with the OP. The bottom line when you change up sleds you want something new and or different. I came from AC that blew up 1 month outside warranty. Decided i wanted a well built machine after that. Not saying other manufacturers are not. However, i'm saying yamahas are considered highly dependable. I think if yamaha made a significant change this year they would be a force to reckon with but since the advent of etecs/4 tecs/turboed AC's etc yamaha has been caught a little behind. I still love my nytro but if i was in the market i would have to consider skidoos options. I crave change and innovation. If i didn't have such a bad experience with AC's quality/warranty I would consider them as well. Whoever makes the best product for my taste gets the money. If yamaha innovates soon which i think they will I will be very interested as the fit and finish, motor, and durability is excellent. Turn key operation is most important as i only get to put on aroun 600mi/yr. Missing one day HURTS.

NFLD-Nytro said:
Dano said:
NFLD-Nytro said:
A gas tank for grown-ups, the gauge package off the Apex, handwarmers and switch gear that make sense, and some storage, and they'd have an attractive sled again.

agree 100%, this is where yamie misses the boat. I love my Nytro, but I don't plan on changing my fuel tank again and upgrading everything that should have been done prior. I don't mind modding to personalize a sled, but seeing the competition out there, seems to be better alternatives for now. Unfortunate sales have to drop before certain issues get addressed.

Dan
That is so true. Yamaha needs to make more of an effort at yearly improvements to keep their products fresh until some serious updates are ready. And for simple things, like the handwarmer switches, there's simply no excuse after 3 or 4 years.
Hasn't it become obvious by now that Yamaha, for whatever reasons, only changes things in their own sweet time and not because people complain and hope.

Wait til next year they got something up there sleeve ... All new line up ...but you guys will still bit## about them

i must of got a good one knock on wood,mine starts no matter what temp it is...takes a hell of a beating everytime i ride it...suspension seems good after tuned to my weight.....good gas milage,decent even when getting hammered on constantly...handwarmers cook my hands...belt last approx.2000 miles...rails in the corners....no cost of overpriced oil on the trail...never overheats, light never even comes on unless it sits idleing for a while....faster than my buddies m1000 and a f1000....sounds awsome with my mbrp silencer..i'm happy and would NEVER buy anything other than a yammi..this is a 09 xtx and stock except studs and silencer..stock sled vs stock sled yamaha#1 hands down

NFLD-Nytro said:
DITCHBANGER said:
no im not joking....doo's exhaust is better(no ice build up and you can put gas or luggage on the back without a goofy adapter to tip the exhaust out of the way),gas tank is better as it runs the length of the tunnel..sure you can get a larger tank for the nytro but the nytro is top heavy to begin with,so adding more mass up high is not better..lets not even go into the subframe-balljoints..and the doo is alot lighter..yamaha was ahead of the game with the 4 stroke market and they have let doo and cat pass them with flying colours..im not biased...its just the truth

If you're thinking that the Doo is without structural issues, you are indeed biased.

Out of the box, Ski-Doo is a better riding machine, but Yamaha has deffinately not let Doo and Cat pass them up! The 1200 Ski-Doo weighs less overall, but the 1200cc engine is a dual overhead cam and weighs more than the Nytro's 1049cc and makes 131HP compared to the Nytro which makes 138HP out of the box. I am a true Ski-Doo fan, but when it comes to 4-strokes, Yamaha started where shaving weight is the hardest. Shaving another 30-40 lbs off of the exterior is the easy part. I think the Nytro is just the start of something greater to come. Their 4 stroke technology is still unmatched.

As far as the F 1100 goes, anyone can throw a turbo on a sled, but will Cat stand behind it a week after warranty is up? Yamaha does.

IMO: I wish Doo made a 2 stroke that went 30,000 miles, but until they do, I'll stick with my Nytro. :tg:

I've been told by a few different people that the Nytro is not the future for Yamaha in the big bump, 600cc class. The Nytro is a "bad" model name and the new sled will not be a Nytro.

AKrider said:
I've been told by a few different people that the Nytro is not the future for Yamaha in the big bump, 600cc class. The Nytro is a "bad" model name and the new sled will not be a Nytro.

I didn't say that the Nytro was Yamaha's future. My words were that "it's the start of something greater to come". Meaning that thenytro was a stepping stone into Yamaha's future. Mostly into the future of rider forward 4-strokes.

The pressure is on for Yamaha to do something BIG. If they don't, I truley think it will hurt them for a looong time. I'm excited to see what 2013 brings!

AKrider said:

Be interesting to see how other manufactures fair with 4 strokes in the big bumps. Not an easy task to run a 4-stroke against a 2-stroke in these 'extreme' conditions.

Back