• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stiff Rear Shocks/Shock Valving Specs

Tester front axis works really good center shock with dual rate springs works really good. They were still working on valving when they did mine. Yep revalve is free

Take a look at the dyno sheet comparison of the stock shocks vs. Custom Axis rear suspension on the LTX SE....
IMG_1567.JPG

Anyone interested in full rear AXIS Hygear Shocks and springs in the 7-day classified section at a discount and I never rode on them - opted for a new sled with an uncoupled skid this year. feel free to PM if you have any questions.

Take a look at the dyno sheet comparison of the stock shocks vs. Custom Axis rear suspension on the LTX SE....View attachment 99044

Anyone interested in full rear AXIS Hygear Shocks and springs in the 7-day classified section at a discount and I never rode on them - opted for a new sled with an uncoupled skid this year. feel free to PM if you have any questions.
I really wish you wouldn't have posted that! Dang trying to save $ for a car but sure love the Axis!

Bummer. Just noticed they are LTX. Won't fit RTX unless there is a way to go to the two link rear scissor like the Ltx has. Bottle on rear shock would hit the single link on Rtx.

Ok just got my rear shock back, had it revalved and so far I'm liking the results! The sled is much smoother now and transfers better I can now press the rear with my weight as before it almost didn't move (I'll try cannodales advise on running the track looser for better transfer). It turns out that the front shock is kinda soft and the rear was stiff. The guy softened the rear about 30% according to the dyno sheet. He just did a set of rtx shocks before mine and the stacks are exactly the same as the ltx, the only difference was that the rear ltx shock was about 1" longer.

Valving on RTX and LTX are exactly the same. LTX shock is 1" longer. I am assuming both were SE versions ?

I sold the axis shocks to a member- hopefully he posts some feedback since I never got to use them.

Today I was curious how much my suspension would drop when I climb aboard. I measured it before I sat on it and while I was on it. After 1300 miles it has finally softened up. I got only 1 inch of sag. when I climbed off it it came up 1/2 inch and stayed there. I waited awhile and it still the same. I pulled it up to get the other half inch. I have the spring tension on lightest setting as I weigh 160 lbs. What are you all seeing when you do this test and is this ok or should it be that way with the stiff rear shock on my ltx se?

Before I revalved my shocks and with stock torsion springs mine maybe move 1/2"-1". I weigh 240#. Now with revalved shocks and softer torsion springs mine squats prolly 3 inches with me on it and actually has some movement

My 14" viper LTX le suspension is bottomed out when just my 120lbs girlfriend sits on the very back? How can it be this soft? The shocks don't leak, Going to adjust it tmmrw, also has a clunk in the suspension bushing wear out with only 1800 miles ?

My 14" viper LTX le suspension is bottomed out when just my 120lbs girlfriend sits on the very back? How can it be this soft? The shocks don't leak, Going to adjust it tmmrw, also has a clunk in the suspension bushing wear out with only 1800 miles ?
Something is definitely wrong. Post some pics of everything you can under there. Also when she sat on it it wasnt on a dolly or something like that?

Something is definitely wrong. Post some pics of everything you can under there. Also when she sat on it it wasnt on a dolly or something like that?
Front skis were on Dolly's but track was not, gunna try tmmrw on flat ground and see if there's an difference. And try to play with it to get it set up if it's still that soft

It wont be. That makes a big difference.
Without Dolly's Sled sags only 2" with me on it (220lbs) seems normal right ? Also as for the clunk, it is the bolt where the furthest back shock mounts on the bottom, should there be play there? I can attach picture, thanks for the help!!

Back