• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stiff Rear Shocks/Shock Valving Specs

fwiw, i got to evaluate the hygear axis build for trail use on my ltx se. it was VERY plush compared to stock. noticable front and rear difference. if you are looking for that type of ride it might be a good option.

the xc race setup we're working on now is getting closer !

mewaschuk said:
fwiw, i got to evaluate the hygear axis build for trail use on my ltx se. it was VERY plush compared to stock. noticable front and rear difference. if you are looking for that type of ride it might be a good option.

Is the Hygear too plush or will it handle rough stuff also ? Is it a revalue or new shocks with reservoirs?

i just picked up my sled from hygear with axis shocks its day and night difference

suspension

Is it the LTX SE that is giving many the rough ride? Or is the the base model SR Viper LTX....

R

drumz11 said:
mewaschuk said:

Is the Hygear too plush or will it handle rough stuff also ? Is it a revalue or new shocks with reservoirs?

Full axis custom shocks. Top of the line with res + hi/lo speed adj.

Re: R

mewaschuk said:
drumz11 said:
mewaschuk said:

Full axis custom shocks. Top of the line with res + hi/lo speed adj.

I have ran Custom Axis shocks on my Nytro for years and they a premium quality product.. Pricey, but IMO well worth it for wide range tuning capability.

That's because they are all different geometry wise. I bet axis got it right but there is no way a shock is going to give me the sag my Rtx rear suspension needs. Springs first for me. Haven't given up on my stock rear shocks yet but if and when I do axis will get a call. At least I am not destroying the suspension like I did on phazer.

Cannondale how did you make out with your softer springs? I just had my springs switched out with softer ones at D&D and when I went to load it I could tell just by sitting on it that it's going to be softer. Went from maybe half inch of sag with stock springs to about 2 inches of sag with lighter springs. That's on the ltx se. Hoping to get a good trail ride in tomorrow and hoping this cures the harshness of the suspension.

Take it from someone who knows, best way to get em to ride nice is eat some more cheeseburgers! :Rockon: I am pretty happy with how mine rides to be honest but at 320# I shouldn't be on the lightest setting for my torsion Springs. I can understand why some people are unhappy. Think my shocks will get revalved over the summer. They missed factory calibration big time IMO. Usually I am cranked with the torsion Springs or buying heavier ones.

New softer springs work awesome! Best investment yet by far. Much smoother compression and rebound was very controlled I didn't get thrown around at all. Sled feels very plush and much more predictable now

Back