• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

STM super tips/TD powertrail/superquiet

Interested on feedback of Allens kits, I think he may be the only one to have a helix/secondary spring in his kit at this time. And I like that he uses STs, nice weights.

Dan
Dan,not sure what either one of his springs have for rates,but I can tell you his red/black secondary spring is a lot longer than stock and is just 4 coils vrs 5 for stock,and has a lot of side pressure,i had all I could do to compress it to install nuts,and I only have it on 40 degrees,i just wanted to get it installed,i will wrap it to 60 or 70 once I get the beast back togeather.

Dan,not sure what either one of his springs have for rates,but I can tell you his red/black secondary spring is a lot longer than stock and is just 4 coils vrs 5 for stock,and has a lot of side pressure,i had all I could do to compress it to install nuts,and I only have it on 40 degrees,i just wanted to get it installed,i will wrap it to 60 or 70 once I get the beast back togeather.
Thanks Pete...

I have been back and forth with Dale for several weeks now on when he will have his new SW secondary spring. Dales is being purpose built for what we think the SW needs. IMO this is where the clutching is lacking. The poochy bottom and low/mid corner to corner stock clutching is just a slug. I often wish we had a compression secondary with the plethora of compression spring rates avail that BRP gives us...Running a high start rate compression secondary spring makes high rpms in trail and would put the turbo more in play.

Im not sure a torsional spring can have as high of a side force, but hoping to get more of them to test with. Do you know if Allens new torsional is just something "off the shelf "? I have spoke with several who have tried all the highest rate torsions they could get their hands on, and none seemed to have enough side pressure. It sounds promising with more length but less coils, Allen knows his stuff and im sure has got it working well. I would like to see him have more test time for sure.

Yes I hear ya Dan,i don't have a clue where this red/black spring came from,but I have a feeling it is one of cats old ones or he had it purpose built,i do remember him telling me he had an older cat spring he was working on,but he did not like the offset tangs,and I have to agree,it was just so weird trying to align one,when you were guessing,i tried one of my old 4 coil offset springs before I got his kit,and it was funky,and did not lay flat on stock SW helix,now this one still does not sit flat on Yamaha secondary sheeve pocket,but does lay flat on the helix he sent me. Right now it seems I have a set of STM weights that may be 4 gram heavier than they should be,if 76-77 grams is target. Allens instructions don't give stats on weight oof loaded or unloaded ramps,just how and where to load them with each washer or tungsten piece.

This SLP purple spring is lighter than a cat red/white and both have 4 coils. FPP is somehow using a cat green with his kit but that is one heavy #*$&@ torsional spring for the SW imo.

Attachments

• ecb140ac-4ec9-405b-8849-02b7f45da9be.jpg
    ecb140ac-4ec9-405b-8849-02b7f45da9be.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 90
OK loaded them up with tungstens in the tip, will report back after Monday what rpms I'm seeing..

Wow lots of snow in Cochrane!!

So my rpms are 92-9300 with 2 tungstens in the tip. Need to add more weight, power trail really pulls like a freight train. Super quiet has an awesome sound. Seen 190 on speedo in short burst, previous best was 178 in better conditions, can't wait to get this beast on a hard packed rail bed. Thanks TD!!

Wow lots of snow in Cochrane!!

So my rpms are 92-9300 with 2 tungstens in the tip. Need to add more weight, power trail really pulls like a freight train. Super quiet has an awesome sound. Seen 190 on speedo in short burst, previous best was 178 in better conditions, can't wait to get this beast on a hard packed rail bed. Thanks TD!!

Pics of that Cochrane snow please. Need some motivation lol

Pics of that Cochrane snow please. Need some motivation lol

Motivation from Sudbury?!?! I am 4 hours south of you guys and i'd be there in a second if i could take the time off to make the 8 hour drive!!! lol

Nah. No way! Don't believe it!

I'm jealous - enjoy it. Should be getting some in Sudbury this week (fingers crossed).

My dollar$ spent per miles ridden ratio just plain sucks right now lol.

Nah. No way! Don't believe it!

I'm jealous - enjoy it. Should be getting some in Sudbury this week (fingers crossed).

My dollar$ spent per miles ridden ratio just plain sucks right now lol.

I agree!! costly year especially with a new sled! haha. I see 10mm of rain in the forecast your way, but snow and cold weather to follow. fingers crossed indeed!

Back