• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock muffler install question

Jasonjmccoy

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Nytro XTX
I’m a bit confused at how the stock muffler is installed. I assume the hanger bracket under the seat shield goes under the 2 mounting tabs so the bolts go through the rubber grommets and screw into the hanger, but it doesn’t seem like there’s enough room to get it properly aligned under those tabs. Any ideas?

I’m a bit confused at how the stock muffler is installed. I assume the hanger bracket under the seat shield goes under the 2 mounting tabs so the bolts go through the rubber grommets and screw into the hanger, but it doesn’t seem like there’s enough room to get it properly aligned under those tabs. Any ideas?

You will have to pull those plugs out. remove the clamp bolt, remove the heat shield bolts. the rear bolts and then pull back on the heat shield and then its matter of moving the muffler back and forth and it will pop off.. its a bitch.

You will have to pull those plugs out. remove the clamp bolt, remove the heat shield bolts. the rear bolts and then pull back on the heat shield and then its matter of moving the muffler back and forth and it will pop off.. its a bitch.
Thanks! I was trying to install the heat shield with the muffler already installed and I cant get it aligned on the bolts. Going to try pulling the muffler, installing the shield, and then reinstalling the muffler through the back of the shield

Thanks! I was trying to install the heat shield with the muffler already installed and I cant get it aligned on the bolts. Going to try pulling the muffler, installing the shield, and then reinstalling the muffler through the back of the shield
You have to have muffler slipped on and loose then out heat shield over it.

Back