• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stryke ski inserts

STAIN

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 SIDEWINDER LTX GT
I am looking to get some of the adjustable inserts for the new Stryke ski. Where do you find them? I only see the stock one in the parts diagram.

I am looking to get some of the adjustable inserts for the new Stryke ski. Where do you find them? I only see the stock one in the parts diagram.
I got mine at dealer. Took all season to get. Try Port.
A453FCFC-AB03-4D65-AF38-EF52AD07F405.jpeg

So, I finally got my sled up on the table this weekend and was looking at the ski shims for the Stryke ski.
First let me say during assembly someone put the 5.0 shim in the front of the left ski and in the back of the right ski. Check your shim orientation on your new sleds.
My question on these shims was always " can you change them without removing the ski?"
The answer is yes, but you need to remove the skeg to be able to wiggle the shim out.
I bought the shim pack and will start with the stock 5.0 shim in the REAR. You can add the shim to the front or rear, but I am unfamiliar with anyone shimming the front of the ski.
I will play with these shims a bit but can only really see me using the 5.0 and 7.5 shims in the rear of the ski. We will see.

So, I finally got my sled up on the table this weekend and was looking at the ski shims for the Stryke ski.
First let me say during assembly someone put the 5.0 shim in the front of the left ski and in the back of the right ski. Check your shim orientation on your new sleds.
My question on these shims was always " can you change them without removing the ski?"
The answer is yes, but you need to remove the skeg to be able to wiggle the shim out.
I bought the shim pack and will start with the stock 5.0 shim in the REAR. You can add the shim to the front or rear, but I am unfamiliar with anyone shimming the front of the ski.
I will play with these shims a bit but can only really see me using the 5.0 and 7.5 shims in the rear of the ski. We will see.
Hmm...neither of our 22 LTX GT's had any shims at all?

I guess maybe I didn't SEE the shims. Will have to pull the skis back off both sleds.

They are held down by the skeg studs. You have to remove the 2 center skeg nuts to get them off.

They are held down by the skeg studs. You have to remove the 2 center skeg nuts to get them off.
They're in there and oriented with the 5 at the rear...I'm just blind.

Back