• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Summer build

HYFLYR said:
LOL, its kinda flesh tone or pinkish on my screen. Ill have to shoot some pics with my camera and see how it turns out. Looks way different than that guys, i promise haha. The official title of the color is Military Desert Tan and is exactly that, looks great and when all done is gonna be killer.

Rails look great caleb, now get them to the coater and its gonna be a sled fest to put these things back together lol.

I thought flesh tone or pinkish was your color, Drew... I know I know ;):D

tylerj907 said:
Can't wait to see it done!!!!!! Those new rails shouldn't bend. Holy Crap those are thick.

They're stock Expert-X rails. Ice Age only makes rails in 1/4" so I opted for the stock 3/8" ones. I ordered the big wheel axle this morning which should be here Friday. Hopefully I can get it machined Monday and to the powder coater on Tuesday.

Heres a better pic of the color,
006.jpg

It is a sweet color saw it the other day, it's going to be very unique sled for sure, can't wait to see the whole package.

Got my axle today. I need to have 3/32" machined of the rail side of each inner block. The rail spread is 8 1/2" and the axle assy. is 8 11/16" wide. I'll be much happier running four wheels this winter instead of two :Rockon:
axle-1.jpg

Made a little progress today. Got the bulkhead attached, extrusions on, footholds, bumper, tank, drop brackets, and tunnel cooler.

019.jpg

020-2.jpg

028.jpg

032.jpg

033-1.jpg

:yam:

love the Phazer rear bumper and tunnel look
really think I want to do this to mine
what about reusing the Yamaha trim on the running boards

You could reuse the stock extrusion but mine was already bent pretty bad so i opted for the cat extrusion. Also, the cat is a much more aggressive material and also thicker therefore stronger which made it a no brainer for me.

This sled is looking unreal, I'm pumped to see the finished product! your colors look tuff as nails, and that tank is like nothing I have ever seen. great work on the boards, and I dig the Phazer bumper too... keep it up! ;)!

Got the axle back from the machine shop
axle-2.jpg

Finally have everything ready to go for the second batch of powder coating. Rails, anti-stab kit, rear axle, header, shock spring adjusters, throttle block, brake resi cap, and both brake lever pieces
pcparts-1.jpg

Stupid question for you

Hey HYFLYR
Is there a reason why you did not powder coat the bulkhead? You are doing this incredible job with the rest of the sled by powder coating everything. Why not the bulkhead? I do realize that it will be covered up for the most part but still it is such a major part of the sled.
I was just wondering if you had a specific reason for not getting it painted or if you just didn't want to spend the money on a part that would not be seen until you took the covers off to work on it.

Keep of the great work. the sled going to look sweet ;)!

Back