• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Summer Modifications

I'm not sure if it's a mod but because this thing runs hot at times the tunnel heat exchanger is on top of my list.

arteeex said:
I'm going to lose 20-pounds.

I hear ya. Most guys will tell you that there is no room for storage on the Nytro. Well, my spare tire fits on just fine, with room for the ball and chain behind me on occasion.

I'm thinking a temp gauge and maybe some vents for underhood heat.

just got package from pioneer. revalved mono ohlins, with big boy, 13mm swaybar, railtip wheels and mount kit for the rest. by the weight of the addons, need the big boy. also just put down payment on xtx leftover, pickup in week or 2.

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 82
I'm hoping to drop about 80 lbs from me (Ive done it before just fell off the junk food wagon again). I'm already running about 10 miles a week and its only been a couple of weeks. I'm a big one at 6'4" and about 305 currently. I was 330 in October and was down to 287 in January but then the weekend sled trips started where good diet and common sense go out the window. Training for a 10 mile race in July and a half marathon later in the summer (I've run halfs before).

Top of list, MTX heat exchanger or something else to get more cooling in my 08 RTX.

Hoping to stretch to 144" with a 1.5 Intense or 1.75 back country. Hoping to find a rail with better approach angle to work with my RTX suspension bits, even if it involves relocating the mounts some. Part of this will be extrovert drivers.

I already started polishing my tunnel by hand. Boy is that fun.

My Skinz float plate is starting to look the worse for wear so it'll probably get replaced.

I would like higher handle bars. I already have a 2 1/2" riser in there on top of the stock one so my cables (throttle at least) are at their limit which means I'll have to extend those as well.

And lastly if the budget allows it, some bigger skis, at least powder hound size if not bigger.

If I come up with extra cash, I'm just going to swallow the trade insult and get a MTX SE but most likely I'll keep my RTX for another season.

Spring Mods

I have been busy already since my last ride on March 22. I have put 36 blue leds for ground and cowling effects. Four pods(5 leds each) in the rear of the tunnel, and 4 pods (4 leds each) under the cowling, behind the screen vents. All wired to a lighted switch next to the ignition key.
I have also swapped out the Yamaha skis for USI Triple Threat X2's in blue, with black mounts and Stud Boy 6" Deuce carbides. I swapped out the stock hand guards for black Skinz hand guards. And last but not least for my Spring mods was a polished, aluminum, spiked, pit bull collar from Spinwurkz on the windshield.
When I first got the sled for this season, I put a black skid guard, 114 Stud Boy studs,the Yamaha gas caddies, and windshield and tank storage bags.
I think I am now ready for next season. All I have to do is winterize it when snow is near. Hopefully I will have photos of all soon. :bling

So far I'm planning on putting the screen kits on to help keep some snow out of the engine bay, some ice scratchers and perhaps a set of Nytro MTX skis! I love playin around with stuff like this!

I need to ride mine first before I mod it, but it's killing me not to.

Back