• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Super Charger Build Updates!!

jsjk-4-stroke said:
i see you have a filter on that breather line instead of that stirafoam piece that comes with the s.c does that help with the small amount of oil mess ?
do you know the part # of that filter? mine has always spit some oil out of that breather line .
thanks and good luck everything looks good on that sled.

I bought that at Napa, not sure on the number. If the case is not taking on extra blow-by from the pistons it should not make a mess at all. But it will allow the engine to breath better then that crap that came with it.... as that can get plugged and cause problem with the blowing the valve cover gasket.

yamahatd said:
wow what a project.....looks awesome, nice work!

those are the updated M-20 fitting I installed and so far so good. The only difference is I just got the new tunnel fitting replaced that was the last leaking spot. good luck Tom! :Rockon:

I hope so :Rockon:

looks good i guest i no where to drop my sled off to get it shined up. Thumbs Up

Ya Right...LOL

yooper1 said:
I cut the finger off of a cotton glove and zip tied it on. After every ride I can see what it is blowing by and out of it.

Thats a good idea... I run that small filter just to try and knock down the oil mist.

i might try the glove trick , all it is is the mist of oil i have had this since it was new. i have it on the steering post and it will get on the exhaust cover.
i think i will try glove and filter.
thanks

Here she is, finally back in one piece!! Did the final wiring on the sled, M20 and HIDs. Tossed on the lower panels, finished the track and finally put on the remaining panels... shes ready for a test run other then a small air leak in the m-20... go figure...LOL

Attachments

• IMG_4860.JPG
    IMG_4860.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_4859.JPG
    IMG_4859.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 665
  • IMG_4861.JPG
    IMG_4861.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 665
  • IMG_4857.JPG
    IMG_4857.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 660
  • IMG_4856.JPG
    IMG_4856.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 652
  • IMG_4855.JPG
    IMG_4855.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 652
  • IMG_4854.JPG
    IMG_4854.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 666
Hey Tom - I noticed you using the white pipe tape when reworking those connections. I have had good luck using the yellow. It's a fair amount thicker. Might be worth a try. I use it on all air connections in my garage and got the idea off of a garage forum.

nailsandrails said:
Hey Tom - I noticed you using the white pipe tape when reworking those connections. I have had good luck using the yellow. It's a fair amount thicker. Might be worth a try. I use it on all air connections in my garage and got the idea off of a garage forum.

Thanks, I need to get some of that :Rockon:

Back