• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TEAM Tied Driven Clutch........Thoughts?

The Snow D.O.

Lifetime Member
Capital Region, New York ( My Heart is in the Adir
Website
www.ilsnow.com
Just read the technical preview in SnowTech and this seems pretty cool. I admittedly know just enough about clutching to know where to put the belt but I would love to hear what some of the clutching gurus think about this concept and if they feel that this will be as revolutionary as the article makes it sound.

Todd

The concept and benefits sound reasonable. But, one considering buying one of these has to decide whether they want to be the guinea pig or wait a season and let others do the testing.

The stock clutch setup is pretty good for "non-tuners." With this Secondary, there may be some other primary clutch adjustments required. Personally, I would give it a year and see how it works out. Basically, I never buy a "first year production model" of most things.

I gotta try one before i pass any judgement. Anyone wants to send me one to test I would be happy to oblige.

Yes only time will tell. I have a body who bought the Parallegram (think i spelt it right) secondary, was supposed to make his sled rock. Well from what i saw it only cost him a #*$&@ load and made no difference in performance.. Sled had the same track speed, no matter what he did to either clutch. Only real noticeable difference the clutch ran a little cooler. Not to the point of 1200 $ . So one can only sit back and see waht the Team version of this will do.

I can't actually see this doing much.

The *ONLY* real difference is that the moving face doesn't turn with respect to the fixed face. Once in any particular ratio, it must squeeze the belt the same amount as a standard clutch.

At the end of the day, what you save with this type of clutch will be exclusively energy lost *while shifting*, as in the friction of the belt slipping due to the two faces of the clutch moving relative to each other.

Probably not enough to be worthwhile for most everyday riders. This would be something very specialized for getting every last little bit of power down to the track and is probably so small that I doubt you could ever measure it -- i.e., one of those things that make a very marginal contribution to the overall performance, but when combined with 20 or 30 other things that make equally marginal improvements, it'll save 1/10 of a second.

That's my theory in any case.

I'll let you know in the next week or so. Just got a batch of Tied setups in and will be testing it out on a XTX soon!

All it is going to do,is shift faster and smother,not like the yammi trued and tried secondary is bad,by any means,cause it is not,in fact it is one of the most efficeant secondarys i have ever run,and i have seen and used alot over the years,ya no buttons to wear out,thats about all it can do vrs a standard yamaha button secondary,save you a few bucks on plastic buttons. But back shift is so quick for the lake racer stay with the basic button secondary,and yes i have run many of teams roller and doos roller secondary set ups. None beat the old button secondary clutch yamaha has or polaris had!!

I have finally got to ride my sled a little bit, between all the break downs #$%&* .

This TEAM TIED clutch seems to be working really good, no more over reving, or not back shifting in deep powder. Did a couple of wide open throttle runs on the river and have seen the highest mph on gauge I ever have with this sled, 105mph. Most that I have ever seen at anytime in the past two years was 102 mph. So I think that it has helped the top end a bit too.
Seems to pull really good, and the back shifting is so much better than the scrubber clutch that the factory offers.

Back