• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The future of Yamaha in 2020 and beyond!

SqueezeER

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2020 Winder Ltx LE
I post this in the Viper forum, because well, I have a Viper and these are my people! ha...
Well I was just curious what people are thinking about the future of Yamaha, or if anyone has any good links of articles or information on this topic. I have a read a few, everything from Yamaha is done in the snowmobile game, to they will come out with a 2-stroker. Its no secret that the snowmobile game isn't a huge money maker for them, and they don't sell many snowmobiles compared to others OEMS. I personally think they have invested so much in the game, specifically the sidewinder, that no way they are done in the game. A 2 stroke sled would be interesting. One might say, well we would have heard rumours of that by now. Well, back before Yami and Cat partnered up, they were planning and meeting for a long time, and they were able to keep it quiet. So I suppose anything is possible.

Anyways, what you guys think?

I was at the Yammie dealer today to check warranty approval for a blown muffler and One of the owners let it slip that Yamaha was staying with Textron for 2020 but he also said that Yamaha may have some sleds in the line up that Arctic cat will not have, Humm what does that mean? More fuel for the rumour mill.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be the other way around Artic Cat will have some sleds in there line up that Yamaha will not have.I bet all your gonna see from Yamaha is BNG with some crazy off of the wall colors kinda like the 2019 yellow and blue sled that seems to be the thing to do these days. I wonder if the SRX will return and what color that will be.

2020 Cat new 880 2 smoke with Yamaha stickers on it , basically a Cat in drag not even a Yamaha motor . that's my prediction. Everything screwed up because Textron bought Cat.

I speak only on experience . I own a ‘99 VT600 2up, at 2015 I wanted to upgrade to a NEW sled, same type (2up),so I found the 2015 stxdx because it is called a crossover, well I’ve never been so unhappy with a snowmobile. I found out I truly bought an Arctic Cat with Yamaha stickers! This didn’t impress me neither did the snowmobile! Yamaha if you want your people back build your own 2 up for us people who want and experienced great sleds of yesteryears!

Back