• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thoughts on the Ripsaw II 1.25”

Motorhead

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 SW LTX-LE
Well my Ice Attack XT 1.22”x 137” track lost some lugs about 800 miles ago, and that single ply track does not just lose the lug top, but takes some track outside skin off with it when that happens.
I think it was damaged while spinning on lake ice trying to top out. Ice was rough in spots and I was spinning the track quite hard to see some 130s on the speedo. Only lost them in 4 spots BUT time to move on with my added power that the Max spool 16 provides.

But anyways, what are your thoughts concerning the non fully clipped stock tracks?

Probably buying a Ripsaw II and adding studs to it. That quiet track was much quieter then the Ice Attack, it has a loud howl to it when compared to the quiet track.

Should I add clips to the windows that aern’t clipped on this style track to make it a fully clipped track ?

Last edited:

If you're going to buy a track, buy one thats fully clipped and has no silent ramps on it if you are going to stud anyway. Make darn sure its two ply for this sled too. They ratchet under power with the big tunes.

If you're going to buy a track, buy one thats fully clipped and has no silent ramps on it if you are going to stud anyway. Make darn sure its two ply for this sled too. They ratchet under power with the big tunes.

Yes I agree with the 2 ply track, but not many choices for my needed size in the 1.25” lug.

Ripsaw II from Camso are fully clipped and 2 ply, but stock Sidewinder tracks are not fully clipped, must be made like that for Yamaha. Looking for other track choices in 2 ply fully clipped but not looking very good.

Yes I agree with the 2 ply track, but not many choices for my needed size in the 1.25” lug.

Ripsaw II from Camso are fully clipped and 2 ply, but stock Sidewinder tracks are not fully clipped, must be made like that for Yamaha. Looking for other track choices in 2 ply fully clipped but not looking very good.

I fully clipped my stock track and ended up recessing the studs into the quiet lugs, a lot of work when you can buy a takeoff from a Polaris 800. At least it doesn't blow wheels like my old 2012 Cat turbo did every time I took it out.

Check the Polaris classifieds for takeoffs from the Switchback, there fully clipped, two ply and no quiet lugs.

I am looking to replace the factory ripsaw I track on my Apex. I have researched both the Rip II and the Cobra in 1.352 as I feel these are the 2 best options in the "medium" size (1.25) lug height. What it comes down to is what type of riding do you do most? I had planned to go with the cobra but then changed my mind after reading many reviews and opinions. The Rip II seems to be the better all-around track for trail and some powder riding. Where as the cobra is better in deeper snow than the RipII but not quite as good on trail. Some have said the cobra is not quite as durable as the RipII also. The differences are not said to be huge but are noticeable. Since the majority of my riding is trail use, I'm goin with the RipII. It will be fully clipped with studs.

I fully clipped my stock track and ended up recessing the studs into the quiet lugs, a lot of work when you can buy a takeoff from a Polaris 800. At least it doesn't blow wheels like my old 2012 Cat turbo did every time I took it out.

Check the Polaris classifieds for takeoffs from the Switchback, there fully clipped, two ply and no quiet lugs.

Thanks for the tip Mike.
Almost bought an older/unused skidoo takeoff. Ripsaw fully clipped 1.25”, we were not sure of the pitch so I ran the model number through Camso. Correct pitch but a 1 ply.

There are quite a few used or new/ takeoff Ripsaw II in my area, but not much else that will fit.

Oh well, I do have plenty of time to before the next season comes around again.

I am looking to replace the factory ripsaw I track on my Apex. I have researched both the Rip II and the Cobra in 1.352 as I feel these are the 2 best options in the "medium" size (1.25) lug height. What it comes down to is what type of riding do you do most? I had planned to go with the cobra but then changed my mind after reading many reviews and opinions. The Rip II seems to be the better all-around track for trail and some powder riding. Where as the cobra is better in deeper snow than the RipII but not quite as good on trail. Some have said the cobra is not quite as durable as the RipII also. The differences are not said to be huge but are noticeable. Since the majority of my riding is trail use, I'm goin with the RipII. It will be fully clipped with studs.

New they are fully clipped. Most take offs are what Yamaha puts on the Winder, not fully clipped.

I fully clipped my factory Rip I when I put the Duponts on. Couldn't really tell a difference. It may show later with better hyfax longevity.

Back