• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thoughts on winch? Yes or no?

Just ordered it. I carry a regular come along in my trailer, but even that takes up a bunch of room. I like that this is in a case, although I'm not sure I can find a place for it on my Attak.

I don't store mine in its case cause it was too bulky.
I think your attak has a storage area in the rear seat? That will work.
Also, there is a clutch cover storage bag that fastens to the top of it. I have that on the nytro and can fit a ton of tools and winch in it.
MS

that one is only 1000 lbs. capacity the one posted before it was 2000lbs. or 1 ton capacity. a stuck sled could need more force then 1000# food for thought.

I'll have to look again, but I think it was 1,000 as a hoist, 2,000 pounds for pulling/lateral.

ahh I didn't look that close either. please post what you find I plan to get one too.

You might be right in the capacity. I know I saw 2000 somewhere but I don't now. Shoot. I guess I'll see. I agree 1000 isn't enough.

That's the same one I mentioned above. I have one on it's way to me. But wasn't sure if 1000 pound capacity was enough for pulling a 580 pound sled out of a real mess.

Cool thanks. Should be here this week. Where do you guys pack shovels on these sleds? Or do you carry in a backpack?

Those lifting capacities should be lots. You will likely never be dead lifting the entire weight, just nudging it along.

Back to the clutch cover storage, I rigged up some 1" nylon straps to support it in the middle of the case that weaved into the frame. You can pack a lot of tools in them and the weight started to concern me, as the thin clutch cover was never meant to bear a load like that.

Food for thought
Ms

ok going to have to do that or put them on google drive.

Back