• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thunder Products (Big Venom Viper kit) with Heavy Hitters

Yes was closed, not all the way but close enough lol
And still closed, she's stuck!

Wasn't able to get Rpms up to 8800 today. Was still breaking in new belt and conditions wouldn't allow for any wot runs anyways...

So...put new belt on, worked great and made a huge difference. Wasn't able to do any WOT runs because MY PRIMARY BUSHING IS STUCK ON THE SHAFT! In the engaged position of course. So, had to cut new belt.

Delete this post please this keeps happening...TY says I have to wait so many seconds before I can post..so I click again and it turns out the first one posted?? Could be me thou..

So I came up to a stop (coasting) and it was bogging a bit and when I came to a complete stop it just died. Pulled panel, and both clutches are stuck in overdrive. Tried to disengage, but ended up having to cut new belt. Secondary is fine, but primary is the problem. Spring, weights & rollers are fine. So, on this absolutely beautiful (very cold) weekend, not even 100kms into first day ride, this happens. First time being towed and by far the most expensive ride yet. 5hrs away!! Lol

What do you mean stuck in overdrive..was your primary completely closed..belt at the very top?

Do your R's hold or does it go to 8800 then come back?

We will talk about that OD thing some other day..

So nothing stuck inside ,,you said the bushing seized?

I have a feeling it spun weld itself solid.

Picture

Do you think the weights were all the same weight?

Not sure, my guess is bushing. But won't know until I get home. I'll take a picture tonight...

Weights should all be the same, but I'll have a look for that as well

IMG_1065.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG
IMG_1068.JPG
IMG_1069.JPG
IMG_1070.JPG

Definitely the bushing, just don't how to separate the clutch...special tool maybe?

Could that just be belt dust build up that got release and jammed the clutch. Spray it with brake parts cleaner and see if it breaks it down . The bushing is not black material if I remember correctly it's a lead Teflon bushing which is grayish. Haven't had to take one apart in a long time.

Its been a while for me.in there....but the spider looks like it was un thrashing

You were not in any form of OD by looking at the face...you were at full bind..but I am not ready to go there yet.

Why is there grease in there?

I just cleaned my primary last week! It would not slide under its own weight on the bench, 6jp leaves some really sticky residue behind, after cleaning it's smooth as can be. Even the secondary was binding a bit. That's after 2500km

I don't break in my belts but I wash them ...scrub ...the sides to remove the release agent residue

Well my Phazer belt has been on since 2000

I have never seen oilish stuff from a belt ..

The sheaves should "clank" together when let go free..that is costing you a lot of performance.

You sure that thread is normal I see?

If it is starting to unscrew the weights would pop off rollers and jam it open.

I don't break in my belts but I wash them ...scrub ...the sides to remove the release agent residue

Well my Phazer belt has been on since 2000

I have never seen oilish stuff from a belt ..

The sheaves should "clank" together when let go free..that is costing you a lot of performance.
Yup! I've never had this much crap on a clutch before. Just put the 8jp on again for the last 2500km and I'm going back to the 8dn or try a gates.

Its been a while for me.in there....but the spider looks like it was un thrashing

You were not in any form of OD by looking at the face...you were at full bind..but I am not ready to go there yet.

Why is there grease in there?
Yes your right, it wasn't in OD...just below. My mechanic just picked up the clutch and he is going to fix it for me. He explained the OD to me somewhat. Says he doesn't know what that black thin stuff is, he said the same thing it should be grey. It's wd-40 not grease, had to spray it in there to loosen it up.

Now it moves like it should, but he's still going to take it apart and replace the bushing and figure out what possibly went wrong. I don't have the tools....

Back