• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top Speed Runs NA VIPER

Cracked the century mark with the XTX today, Finally found a good area to open it up. 102 on the speedo, 101 on gps. About 1,200 miles on the sled and -5f outside (intake air temps still were in the high 60's). Took a few attempts as the slides started to cook every time I neared 100 and would drag down the speed. packing the skid with snow an launching from powder finally put me over the hump. Pulled a nice 8850 rpm from 40mph on up, she is starting to wake up nicely!

I got 108 out of it!!!!!!! Have a few tricks to do going again this morning and Sunday day. It's got it in it! That was 108 no GPS. Today will be GPS! Videos to come

It was running a little high hanging around 9100. Gonna add some weight and a lighter rider
You get any video? Would like to see Rpms during a run.

Going back out today fellas! Conditions should be absolutley perfect. I will for sure get videos with go pro!

I can't get it to do it. Slow today 104, not even worth the footage. Tossing in the towel as I dont want to re gear, it's disappointing but 110mph will never be for me.

I tried throwing a ton of weight at it, change helixs, ulmer red spring vs stock pink. Lots of learning! But it's just not gonna get it done.

I think Steve's idea of the clutch in being inefficent at 9000 rpm is true. I ran 8700 max rpm and 9150 rpm. All would reach top speed of 104. Ulmer red spring....lost speed and couldn't gain it back, noatter what twist. Stock pink spring is king and will always be in my secondary, wrapped at 70 it was good. Sled was good.

No matter what at the end of the day,. It's a 90 mph sled, conditions have to be on Q for it to reach the 100 or more mark. End of story.

Ride on fellas!

I can't get it to do it. Slow today 104, not even worth the footage. Tossing in the towel as I dont want to re gear, it's disappointing but 110mph will never be for me.

I tried throwing a ton of weight at it, change helixs, ulmer red spring vs stock pink. Lots of learning! But it's just not gonna get it done.

I think Steve's idea of the clutch in being inefficent at 9000 rpm is true. I ran 8700 max rpm and 9150 rpm. All would reach top speed of 104. Ulmer red spring....lost speed and couldn't gain it back, noatter what twist. Stock pink spring is king and will always be in my secondary, wrapped at 70 it was good. Sled was good.

No matter what at the end of the day,. It's a 90 mph sled, conditions have to be on Q for it to reach the 100 or more mark. End of story.

Ride on fellas!

Didn't want to be the one to break it to you before but it was never gonna happen with stock gearing anyways..no matter how much power you had. Stock gearing and machined clutches could do it with a turbo..but without some way of getting more gear and/or more shift it will never happen. With stock clutches and just a machined helix (stock gearing) my turbo was all in at 109..nothing else left to gain, and it would do that somewhere between the 700' and 800' mark on the timers so it was getting there fast, then it was like it hit a wall once it was out of gear. I do commend your efforts and have gotta congratulate u on getting what you've gotten so far, sounds like you've enjoyed trying atleast and that's the main thing. Have fun and stay safe!

Didn't want to be the one to break it to you before but it was never gonna happen with stock gearing anyways..no matter how much power you had. Stock gearing and machined clutches could do it with a turbo..but without some way of getting more gear and/or more shift it will never happen. With stock clutches and just a machined helix (stock gearing) my turbo was all in at 109..nothing else left to gain, and it would do that somewhere between the 700' and 800' mark on the timers so it was getting there fast, then it was like it hit a wall once it was out of gear. I do commend your efforts and have gotta congratulate u on getting what you've gotten so far, sounds like you've enjoyed trying atleast and that's the main thing. Have fun and stay safe!

Lol what you mean! I been freezing my rear end off on a lake wearing the least amount possible to be as light as possible. My hands are still froze, from changing all the clutch stuff lol. Holy moly, a heads up would of been fantastic lol!

But honestly a track change is in my future, I want more lug now and I want to have some fun off trail. I am going to race in the hill climbs in couple weeks at snoridge. See what I can do with the old girl up there

Lol what you mean! I been freezing my rear end off on a lake wearing the least amount possible to be as light as possible. My hands are still froze, from changing all the clutch stuff lol. Holy moly, a heads up would of been fantastic lol!

But honestly a track change is in my future, I want more lug now and I want to have some fun off trail. I am going to race in the hill climbs in couple weeks at snoridge. See what I can do with the old girl up there

Lol even if I told u from the start u still would've spent all winter trying regardless..I know that's how I'd be lol. I still 110 n/a is possible, haven't seen it from anyone yet but I know one of these days cannondale is gonna show us a video proving it!

Mine is totally stock and ran 90 and 91 today at 9200.have done 98

Wish we could try for this 110mph together on snow. Bet the competitive thing would get both of us trying even harder. Off work tomorrow so I have a few things to try. I believe river is good. Haven't checked. Try again tomorrow! Oh and I did get over 100mph on grades twice this weekend but fully admit Majority of time was right about 90 or so. Hey at least we both found those 14.5 rollers! Thank Studroes for that! Yammitrip a bigger lug track and my gutted stock exhaust is going on mine the minute I hit 110mph GPS and vid. So I hear ya! Hill climbs would be fun.

Last edited:
Wish we could try for this 110mph together on snow. Bet the competitive thing would get both of us trying even harder. Off work tomorrow so I have a few things to try. I believe river is good. Haven't checked. Try again tomorrow! Oh and I did get over 100mph on grades twice this weekend but fully admit Majority of time was right about 90 or so. Hey at least we both found those 14.5 rollers! Thank Studroes for that! Yammitrip a bigger lug track and my gutted stock exhaust is going on mine the minute I hit 110mph GPS and vid. So I hear ya! Hill climbs would be fun.

Right on! I can't wait for you to hit it either! Lol i was on lake Delta like throwing weight forward on the lake when doing wot runs. Them Fisher man that saw me must of thought I completely lost my mind lol

Yammitrip, there are a few options for you this weekend. Drags on Oneida lake, and Ilion Snowdrifters Drags. Old forge has Winter Carnival....I’m sure 4th lake is always fast.

If anyone has some xtx gears and chain laying around! For cheap, I'll take another whack at it! I did just recieve my ulmer air box from a member on here. Thanks! Going to do a little write up of that too when I get it installed

If anyone has some xtx gears and chain laying around! For cheap, I'll take another whack at it! I did just recieve my ulmer air box from a member on here. Thanks! Going to do a little write up of that too when I get it installed
You better hurry because I figured out the Cat Starter and got caught up on shocks. Intend to do this weekend what I was going to do Monday before everything wouldnt start! Can only be one to get it FIRST!

Back