• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track ratcheting with extroverts, I just can't figure it out

Here are a few notes on the M7 skid I sent to Aaron.

Once you put the Cat skid your track will LOOK a lot longer. I think it looks like a 156" because there is more track on the ground perhaps because there are no more idler wheels up in the tunnel and it cuts down the distance the track has to go around?

Skid settings?

The limter straps should be all the way out. My center shock has about 5 turns of travel on it. I tightened it four turns in from the lowest setting (all the way backed off) this past weekend and it seemed to work well. The rear triangular block should be in the middle setting although I haven't tried the stiffest setting yet. I weight about 200 with all my gear on as well.

Ratings?

I would rate it as softer riding than my Pro action but it doesn't transfer as well as my stock skid with the MPI transfer kit. One thing I noticed that is very nice to see is with the improved approach angle I can now poke around in the deep powder in the trees at a slower speed without sinking like a rock.

Here's a BIGEE for me. With 1 1/8" of track hanging below the rails on my stand I had ZERO ratcheting this weekend. I was climbing and jumping and everything in between and I'm tickled as heck.

So overall I couldn't be more happy with my $300 rear suspension that saved over 20 pounds!
I think this skid is about the best I have heard of for dollar per pound of weight savings!
I do have some Fox Zero Pros on the way so I guess my weight savings will be closer to 25 lbs for $400.

Frosty

Frosty,
Any pics of your M7 install? I just ordered mine from Troy, should be here in a week or so.
It is an M7 162 2005 take off. Still need to get a track as well. With 8 tooth extroverts would I be able to go to 2.5" lugs? What was the verdict on 16" wide tracks fitting in the '03 Mt. tunnel?

Sorry if this has mostly been covered, weeding through the search feature can be pretty tedious.

Thanks, Mark

The 16 inch will fit in the03 tunnel,you have to get rid of one or two mounting nuts for the chain case,buy the parts from the Apex mountain they are riveted bolts,and if you haven't bought a track yet,take look at the Maverick,go to your yamaha dealer,the price is lower from yamaha than from anywhere else.

Back