• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tunnel Dammage Due to Ice

The first foot of the tunnel was bowed up and half of the Louvres were also bent, I opened them back up. The tunnel needs more than 5 rivets to attach to the heat exchanger in my opinion.

Here is pictures of the plates I used for reinforcement of my tunnel.
The first picture is cardboard cutouts to use as a template.

15648.jpeg

One filler plate and bottom plate.
15651.jpeg

This is the top stainless steel plate. Notice the angle up on the fwd end to strengthen it more.

15654.jpeg

Templates.
15657.jpeg

I forgot to mention that my sled has only 5000 miles on it so check your tunnels and rivets.

How did you do the cut-outs so cleanly. You must have a plasma cutter ?
Looks good

MS

I bought the stainless steel plate already cut out from a member in this thread. I had to drill to fit though.

Went out for a shakedown ride this past weekend after getting sled back together.
All went well except now I need to adjust suspension to keep the inside ski down in the corners. Didn't have that issue last year and didn't change the suspension any.
Feels good to out on the sled again.

Here are some pictures of tunnel damage before repairs.
15684.jpeg
15691.jpeg
15688.jpeg

The snow will go between the tunnel and heat exchanger and get on your clutching. I was seeing water on my secondary and belt slip.

I just sold the last one I had and having more made.

Just another Piss poor design from Yami CAT/ There is no possible way to remove built up ice fully near the front heat exchanger. They put 5 shitty rivets in a paper thin tunnel and expect them to hold right on the edge' I have a 40 year old Enticer 300 that has a stronger tunnel than my winder / There is just No excuse for this type of issue on on a 15k plus sled then put out a bullshit bulletin saying its not a warranty issue .I am about done with Yammy

I miss the front radiator and fan on my Viper..

Back