• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo Dynamics Canada Dyno results

Guys, just look at the stock dyno results vs the modified dyno results. No tricks here. All dynos read different. The conversion we use gives results similar to what Dynotech Research published on the stock HP.
So far Dynos have reported 211.4hp, 207HP, 205HP, 195HP... Which is is correct ?
It doesn't matter. What we are trying to show is the percentage of gain. We are using Dynotech conversion has I have been back and forth there a few times and this is what people use as a reference in the US.

We gained as much as 30 track hp or close to 60HP at the crank once the power peak was gone on the stock map. The Ecotrail maintains HP way longer, it's not a peak... We uncapped potential in this motor. This is the first factory Turbo motor and factory turbo ecu.
So far the results surprise us too, but I had a feeling they were going to be really good. The sled sounds like a monster in the dyno room. Revving 9150rpm spike and settles at 8900to 9000rpm. Stock ECU spikes at 8600 and settles at 8300rpm !
That's a total of around 700RPM gain on the clutches and that's when RPM is stable at 80-90mph track speed. Big difference... is it exactly 258HP ? Depends what dyno you want to believe, the stock HP we measured was 212HP.
You can easily use math to figure what that number would be if the dyno read 195HP for a stock sled (the lowest dyno results to date on these sled)

Last edited:

Guys, just look at the stock dyno results vs the modified dyno results. No tricks here. All dynos read different. The conversion we use gives results similar to what Dynotech Research published on the stock HP.
So far Dynos have reported 211.4hp, 207HP, 205HP, 195HP... Which is is correct ?
It doesn't matter. What we are trying to show is the percentage of gain. We are using Dynotech conversion has I have been back and forth there a few times and this is what people use as a reference in the US.

We gained as much as 30 track hp or close to 60HP at the crank once the power peak was gone on the stock map. The Ecotrail maintains HP way longer, it's not a peak... We uncapped potential in this motor. This is the first factory Turbo motor and factory turbo ecu.
So far the results surprise us too, but I had a feeling they were going to be really good. The sled sounds like a monster in the dyno room. Revving 9150rpm spike and settles at 8900to 9000rpm. Stock ECU spikes at 8600 and settles at 8300rpm !
That's a total of around 700RPM gain on the clutches and that's when RPM is stable at 80-90mph track speed. Big difference... is it exactly 258HP ? Depends what dyno you want to believe, the stock HP we measured was 212HP.
You can easily use math to figure what that number would be if the dyno read 195HP for a stock sled (the lowest dyno results to date on these sled)

Welcome to the site!!

Yes really excited to see where this is going with you guys. Glad you are here and enthusiastically digging in to the Sidewinder and 9000. This is big time guys!

To think that a 3 cylinder decompressed engine is going to make 258 HP at only 12.7 lbs is just unrealistic IMO. I could see it if it had more compression and spun up there higher.

I'll wait to see where D&D, Hypersports, Hurricane and EVO comes in. Doubt it will be no where near 258 HP at all, and certainly not down at 12.7 lbs.

Your comparison is totally invalid. You are try to compare a high revving apex motor, OEM designed to be a naturally aspirated motor, to one designed for boost. You have not mentioned turbo sizes or setups also. Compression is minimal in a boosted engine. Intake plenum size, head and valve flow characteristics, throttle body, etc. etc is where real power is made. 12psi means jack #*$&@ without knowing the setup. Excuse my ignorance but this is typical butt-hurt dyno queen stuff going on in here now. Put the sleds on the 1/4 mile and then see if the dyno numbers add up - the old school way.

Don't take this personally, I don't know you, your background or experience. I don't own a boosted sled and have no support for any of these vendors either. I just wanted to give my opinions before everyone starts spraying around cow poop about boost pressure and gains etc.

Your comparison is totally invalid. You are try to compare a high revving apex motor, OEM designed to be a naturally aspirated motor, to one designed for boost. You have not mentioned turbo sizes or setups also. Compression is minimal in a boosted engine. Intake plenum size, head and valve flow characteristics, throttle body, etc. etc is where real power is made. 12psi means jack #*$&@ without knowing the setup. Excuse my ignorance but this is typical butt-hurt dyno queen stuff going on in here now. Put the sleds on the 1/4 mile and then see if the dyno numbers add up - the old school way.

Don't take this personally, I don't know you, your background or experience. I don't own a boosted sled and have no support for any of these vendors either. I just wanted to give my opinions before everyone starts spraying around cow poop about boost pressure and gains etc.
Wow! These guys all will guaranteed so may want to kick back and watch the show

TD will you be doing a package deal for exhaust and programming? What have you seen for clutching when you added exhaust and programming?

Great explanation and thanks for taking the time to reply!
Welcome to TY!

To think that a 3 cylinder decompressed engine is going to make 258 HP at only 12.7 lbs is just unrealistic IMO. I could see it if it had more compression and spun up there higher.

I'll wait to see where D&D, Hypersports, Hurricane and EVO comes in. Doubt it will be no where near 258 HP at all, and certainly not down at 12.7 lbs.

Well you are wrong there! my 14 Viper with low compression pistons was making 146 hp to the track at 12 lbs of boost. Now they're conversion of 100% to crank hp is wrong. Mine was making 146 at the track which is closer to 265 crank hp I do not care what clutching you have it is not going 100% or double the track hp. That motor even made 118 at 9 lbs on pump gas. The fun part is it is now blowing 20 lbs into it and we are dyno-ing at closer to 180 hp at the track YeeeAmaha!

Dyno Sheet 12#s boost.jpg

Well you are wrong there! my 14 Viper with low compression pistons was making 146 hp to the track at 12 lbs of boost. Now they're conversion of 100% to crank hp is wrong. Mine was making 146 at the track which is closer to 265 crank hp I do not care what clutching you have it is not going 100% or double the track hp. That motor even made 118 at 9 lbs on pump gas. The fun part is it is now blowing 20 lbs into it and we are dyno-ing at closer to 180 hp at the track YeeeAmaha!

View attachment 121939

If I look at your dyno chart you may run big track HP numbers but they fall quick. It is just a peak. Look at the chart I posted how the HP is maintained through the run on our ecotrail.

Spikes like this are usually boost spikes of 2-3 psi then boost falls down. Or it clutch slip then bite, which causes a reading spike. I find it's much more important to look at the HP once clutches stop slipping at 90 mph. that gives you a much better idea of how much power you are sustaining at the track. Look at my chart at 90MPH how much track HP we are keeping.

Yes really excited to see where this is going with you guys. Glad you are here and enthusiastically digging in to the Sidewinder and 9000. This is big time guys!

We were fully focused on the 1100 turbo but this is a natural transition being a Cat with a Yamaha power mill. So far very happy and loving the ECU on this sled. Tuning is going great and we will keep investing time and money into making this the ultimate tuner sled.

Very impressive for only 12.7 psi! But again it adds up, stock at 212 + better flowing exhaust and almost 3 psi extra boost. TD what are your prices and will you have a clutch set up for it? Et en passant Bon travail les gars et les prix en canadien SVP.

Knapp you are right though my 15 with totally stock motor is making just as much or more hp at 10.5 lbs as the 14 was at 12 and is way faster on the low end.

Dyno Results.jpg

Back