• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo Dynamics Canada Dyno results

If I look at your dyno chart you may run big track HP numbers but they fall quick. It is just a peak. Look at the chart I posted how the HP is maintained through the run on our ecotrail.

Spikes like this are usually boost spikes of 2-3 psi then boost falls down. Or it clutch slip then bite, which causes a reading spike. I find it's much more important to look at the HP once clutches stop slipping at 90 mph. that gives you a much better idea of how much power you are sustaining at the track. Look at my chart at 90MPH how much track HP we are keeping.

Well I guess it may be several things, both of mine are on an XTX with stock gearing and the set up I am running is making more power quicker with a much steeper climb on the front end.

All I know is, the winder for $15k to be able to do this is fantastic compared to what it cost to do that with a viper.

Guys, just look at the stock dyno results vs the modified dyno results. No tricks here. All dynos read different. The conversion we use gives results similar to what Dynotech Research published on the stock HP.
So far Dynos have reported 211.4hp, 207HP, 205HP, 195HP... Which is is correct ?
It doesn't matter. What we are trying to show is the percentage of gain. We are using Dynotech conversion has I have been back and forth there a few times and this is what people use as a reference in the US.

We gained as much as 30 track hp or close to 60HP at the crank once the power peak was gone on the stock map. The Ecotrail maintains HP way longer, it's not a peak... We uncapped potential in this motor. This is the first factory Turbo motor and factory turbo ecu.
So far the results surprise us too, but I had a feeling they were going to be really good. The sled sounds like a monster in the dyno room. Revving 9150rpm spike and settles at 8900to 9000rpm. Stock ECU spikes at 8600 and settles at 8300rpm !
That's a total of around 700RPM gain on the clutches and that's when RPM is stable at 80-90mph track speed. Big difference... is it exactly 258HP ? Depends what dyno you want to believe, the stock HP we measured was 212HP.
You can easily use math to figure what that number would be if the dyno read 195HP for a stock sled (the lowest dyno results to date on these sled)

Easy fix,
Get it to Dynotech and get it published. Can't get any easier than that Ben!

If you got the goods, then prove it on a known dyno. Lets see what 12.7 lb of boost will really get you. I'm sure you can find a sidewinder stateside, all you have to do is bring your 2.5" exhaust and ECU tune over the border and do the easy install, Dyno it and have Jim publish it. EASY PEASY. Step to the plate and swing! DO it now if you are that confident, dyno it stock and add your parts, if they do waht you say you'll sell a ton. I'm sue we all would like to see this!

Easy fix,

If you got the goods, then prove it on a known dyno. Lets see what 12.7 lb of boost will really get you. I'm sure you can find a sidewinder stateside, all you have to do is bring your 2.5" exhaust and ECU tune over the border and do the easy install, Dyno it and have Jim publish it. EASY PEASY. Step to the plate and swing! DO it now if you are that confident, dyno it stock and add your parts, if they do waht you say you'll sell a ton. I'm sue we all would like to see this!

Knapp time for you to back off! Be respectful he has proven his stuff works just look at haydays times he ran! This is not his first rodeo.

TD what do you do whit the 9250rpm cutoff??
Pretty sure in cool weather we will need to add weight in the primary we are already flirting with the rev limiter at 50F on track dyno.

Easy fix,

Ive spent a fortune proving my numbers when i came out with 260hp pump gas numbers on the z1 turbo back in 2010 when my competitors were at the limit at 210hp. We got called out and went to dynotech and made 267hp... Originally we had claimed 242hp because we had tested on a very conservative dyno and we completely shattered the expectations. This time we use numbers like the reference dynotech.

Right now this Yamaha is pulling track dyno numbers like a 255 to 260hp dynotech run on my f1100 making 19psi of boost.

These numbers are on the high side but it matches the dynotech results for my stock baseline..

I would even go further than this, my gains are larger than what you see because its not just a peak hp its a flat hp line the stock map peaks and drops..mine just maintains max track for a while. So the gains will be even more impressive in the field than judging from the peak numbers.

You can't argue a solid gain like this at 90mph track speed we have 30 track hp or roughly 60hp difference from stock... That is really good. If you believe 195hp is the real stock hp vs 212 like i tested and dynotech tested then just do the math and come to your own conclusions.

Keep at Ben and forget Dynotech unless you want fairy tale numbers. Unless your a local and putting money in Jims pocket you wont get his help, seen it over and over again.
We went there 3 times and we had great results. His numbers are higher than many dynos but its not just because his dyno is more Generous but because the dyno room has great airflow and he compensates for hp loss in the joints.

Its a never ending discussion to say which dyno says the truth.

No one really knows but dynotech is used by many shops as a reference.

Like i keep telling people look at percentage of gain. Then add to the stock run you believe the most in. As long as you do a baseline any dyno is a great tool.

195 201 204 207 211 212... All. Different results.

And i will tell you my yamaha had a 0.8psi boost leak when i got it. It had a leaking left side boot. It wasn't in all the way. We redid the test and went from 9.1 psi to 9.9 psi and got the 106 track hp run.

Who knows if little details like this can make a difference let alone how well broken in the motor is. Mine had about 60 runs when we did the stock baseline.

We went there 3 times and we had great results. His numbers are higher than many dynos but its not just because his dyno is more Generous but because the dyno room has great airflow and he compensates for hp loss in the joints.

Its a never ending discussion to say which dyno says the truth.

No one really knows but dynotech is used by many shops as a reference.

Like i keep telling people look at percentage of gain. Then add to the stock run you believe the most in. As long as you do a baseline any dyno is a great tool.

195 201 204 207 211 212... All. Different results.

And i will tell you my yamaha had a 0.8psi boost leak when i got it. It had a leaking left side boot. It wasn't in all the way. We redid the test and went from 9.1 psi to 9.9 psi and got the 106 track hp run.

Who knows if little details like this can make a difference let alone how well broken in the motor is. Mine had about 60 runs when we did the stock baseline.
Just curious with all dynos on new sleds wouldn't the hp keep rising after every run as the new motor is getting broke in?

Mike(Knapp), Ben has backed up his claims more than once by going to dynotech and to be honest giving out actual hp numbers based on track hp gets dicey for reasons most of us know(clutching, parasitic differences, different dyno etc). There will be a few who will take these exact setups to Dynotech once ready likely on their own dime. What is most important is the gain from starting point. In the end the gains from this engine are really good and not that far off my buddies Viper with low compression pistons that Hurricane Dave did at roughly 13 psi. Track gains would put his hp at 260+ give or take if memory serves. So this is not too far off. Lots of differences come into play that I am sure you know all too well. I was one of the wait and see guys when Ben came to the table with 250+ hp on the original 1100 and when D&D and many others said not a chance and called him as a nutball. We all know now that he was right and they were dead wrong and many ended up altering what they thought was safe for pump gas and up my way there are far more TD setups out on the trail than all the others combined. His trail setups just plain work for the average guy. Can the D&D and others shops be faster? Sure, but they are just not as trail safe or friendly to use for bad gas etc and that in the end for the majority of us meant a ton. Just my 2C for everyone to consider.

Jester

Pretty sure in cool weather we will need to add weight in the primary we are already flirting with the rev limiter at 50F on track dyno.[/QUOT
Pretty sure in cool weather we will need to add weight in the primary we are already flirting with the rev limiter at 50F on track dyno.
?

Will you raise the rev-limiter?

Last edited:
Mike(Knapp), Ben has backed up his claims more than once by going to dynotech and to be honest giving out actual hp numbers based on track hp gets dicey for reasons most of us know(clutching, parasitic differences, different dyno etc). There will be a few who will take these exact setups to Dynotech once ready likely on their own dime. What is most important is the gain from starting point. In the end the gains from this engine are really good and not that far off my buddies Viper with low compression pistons that Hurricane Dave did at roughly 13 psi. Track gains would put his hp at 260+ give or take if memory serves. So this is not too far off. Lots of differences come into play that I am sure you know all too well. I was one of the wait and see guys when Ben came to the table with 250+ hp on the original 1100 and when D&D and many others said not a chance and called him as a nutball. We all know now that he was right and they were dead wrong and many ended up altering what they thought was safe for pump gas and up my way there are far more TD setups out on the trail than all the others combined. His trail setups just plain work for the average guy. Can the D&D and others shops be faster? Sure, but they are just not as trail safe or friendly to use for bad gas etc and that in the end for the majority of us meant a ton. Just my 2C for everyone to consider.

Jester

x100

this aint his first hat tossed in the ring...TD is absolutely proven ...and NO DTR isnt needed...its been proven for years at the race track...

I have seen...owned and know of many Td sleds and the make what and they claim...

AND MORE IMPORTANTLY INCREASE THE SAFETY OF THE MOTOR WITH BETTER AFRS...LOWER TEMP WARNINGS....BOOST ADJUSTS...SAFER RPM CUT OUTS ETC....

a better way to put it...TD tunes are the benchmark others are judged by!

Will you raise the rev-limiter?
I feel like its high enough. I do modify the way the rev limiter cuts power to increase safety. That will raise the cut a little to 9500rpm.

You are the first I heard of on a track dyno. How is the belt holding up? If you havent clutched yet and barely hitting limiter with that kind of gains there has to be a huge amount left on the table clutching wise when stock? Have you marked the clutches stock and modded?

Back