• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

turbo/supercharger belt life

idahorider

Veteran
hey guys ,new here. am considering going with some sort of boost. Have not decided yet. Was wondering what kind of belt life you guys were getting.

Keep in mind you can smoke a belt on a stocker in only a few miles if you have poor clutching or belt alignment... Boosted sleds are not exempt from this by any means. In fact, these are even more critical with more power.

98700 said:
wienerwater said:
Well, belt life on my turbocharger is great, haven't lost one yet, nor any signs of wear!

I've never ever had an issue with belt wear on any turbo either! I can guarentee you with never ever blow a belt on any turbo vehicle you own.

hmmmm. Is that a money back guarantee? My old Polaris 2-stroke turbo's were pretty hard on belts. Couldn't get much more than about 200 miles of mountain riding on a belt. My Apex turbo's have been pretty good on belts. But, I did have one blow up towards the end of last season while climbing a little hill. I had enough ground speed (thanks to the turbo) to turn out. Had it been on a big hill, it would have been ugly.

Thanks

Thanks guys, it's hard to believe you can add 100 hp or so and still have descent belt life. A tribute to yamaha's clutching set up!

also, clutching heavily affects it!!

in my yamadoo, i have around 200 miles on a used yami belt that already had 500+ miles on it and not showing any accelerated or abnormal wear, this is with motormounts that flex more then stock, the thing doesnt have dead on alignment, but its darn close, seems yami's with good clutching hold belts well!!

mbarryracing said:
Keep in mind you can smoke a belt on a stocker in only a few miles if you have poor clutching or belt alignment... Boosted sleds are not exempt from this by any means. In fact, these are even more critical with more power.

X2

Get your clutching set up right and you should be fine. Yami belts are good but when they let go............... probably the biggest mess you will have ever seen and have to clean up.

Back