• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TY Ride Dates 2020-21 Season!!

FYI to anyone needing to reserve yet, Boarders is closed for awhile.
I left a message with my reservation request for the giveaway ride.

What are the requirements for someone to show up to one of these? I was planning a separate trip but it is sounding like everyone but me is going to back out... Letting the sled sit in the garage until January is not an option.

What are the requirements for someone to show up to one of these? I was planning a separate trip but it is sounding like everyone but me is going to back out... Letting the sled sit in the garage until January is not an option.

No special requirements, make sure you book a room and then show up in the parking lot between 9:30 and 10 gassed up ready to roll. We leave at 10 sharp. If I know you will be there I can watch for you too. usually if you are there the night before we are in the bar until at least 12 but with COVID, bar may not be open.

No special requirements, make sure you book a room and then show up in the parking lot between 9:30 and 10 gassed up ready to roll. We leave at 10 sharp. If I know you will be there I can watch for you too. usually if you are there the night before we are in the bar until at least 12 but with COVID, bar may not be open.

Odds are I will be there, need to confirm that everyone has backed out in my group first. Would just go on my own but don't have confidence in the SW yet after all the things busted/wrong that I found on it this spring/summer.

Got it, who is working on your sled? What kind of problems do you have on your winder?

I have done everything on it myself so far. The problem is I bought it this spring and discovered the following.

1. Coolant hose on the right in the tunnel was torn, all the coolant drained out onto my garage floor within 2 weeks of getting it.
Replaced hose and added BOP protectors
2. Reverse shaft in chain case was bent pretty badly. Top gear was also shot after just 1200 miles on the clock.
Replaced shaft and added DMC top gear
3. When I got it the one time I ran the sled it was doing 9500RPM @118 MPH (50F out with very soft snow).
Picked up a TPHH clutch kit at west bend show, will tune it in when we get more snow.

Everything I know of should be fixed but it is what I may have missed that has me a bit leery for the first few trips.

I just find it amusing and frustrating, I got almost 12k miles on my two 2-strokes that were known to be incredibly unreliable sleds (I did rebuild the motor in one) but have already put just as much work into the SW and I have ridden it for 10 miles total.

I have done everything on it myself so far. The problem is I bought it this spring and discovered the following.

1. Coolant hose on the right in the tunnel was torn, all the coolant drained out onto my garage floor within 2 weeks of getting it.
Replaced hose and added BOP protectors
2. Reverse shaft in chain case was bent pretty badly. Top gear was also shot after just 1200 miles on the clock.
Replaced shaft and added DMC top gear
3. When I got it the one time I ran the sled it was doing 9500RPM @118 MPH (50F out with very soft snow).
Picked up a TPHH clutch kit at west bend show, will tune it in when we get more snow.

Everything I know of should be fixed but it is what I may have missed that has me a bit leery for the first few trips.

I just find it amusing and frustrating, I got almost 12k miles on my two 2-strokes that were known to be incredibly unreliable sleds (I did rebuild the motor in one) but have already put just as much work into the SW and I have ridden it for 10 miles total.

LMAO, this is the world of power sleds.. standard HP sleds dont seem to have the issues that BIG HP sleds do. Its the DNA that worries me..but I look at it this way.. some drive Chevy, Ford, Dodge or Toyota but that all can build crap.

LMAO, this is the world of power sleds.. standard HP sleds dont seem to have the issues that BIG HP sleds do. Its the DNA that worries me..but I look at it this way.. some drive Chevy, Ford, Dodge or Toyota but that all can build crap.

True, this is my first foray into the world of 200HP+ sleds. I kinda knew what I was getting into but didn't expect this much to be wrong with a sled at only 1200 miles. I also don't think the guy who owned it before me took care of it at all. Just bought a new one every other year so he didn't have to do any maintenance.

True, this is my first foray into the world of 200HP+ sleds. I kinda knew what I was getting into but didn't expect this much to be wrong with a sled at only 1200 miles. I also don't think the guy who owned it before me took care of it at all. Just bought a new one every other year so he didn't have to do any maintenance.

I would guess the guy who had it should never have owned it. I have a bud that put 10000 miles on his winder in 2 years and had almost no issues.

Back