• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TY Ride Dates 2020-21 Season!!

I hate being a pessimist but you guys have got a real "challenge" ahead...the ground is nowhere close to frozen and at least here in the central we got exactly ZERO snow...with 1 week to go I'm snow dancing for you guys...but I'm old and that dance is FUGLY...

I hate being a pessimist but you guys have got a real "challenge" ahead...the ground is nowhere close to frozen and at least here in the central we got exactly ZERO snow...with 1 week to go I'm snow dancing for you guys...but I'm old and that dance is FUGLY...

Dance away...LOL, I am going to cancel the first ride in the Houghton, its not going to happen no matter how hard you dance.

Dance away...LOL, I am going to cancel the first ride in the Houghton, its not going to happen no matter how hard you dance.

Bummer for you guys...I was still holding out hope for you but I think it's the right call for now...

ground is frozen here but i could cut the grass as there is no snow at all. supposed to snow 8-10" tomorrow while i am out helping on the trap line with my atv.

just cancelled for the fun ride as i cannot afford a month off of work for isolating. keeping my fingers crossed for the giveaway ride or end of year one.

Update on the Houghton ride: Due to lack of snow on the ground and little to none in the forecast we will need to cancel this event. I held out as long as I could in hope that the forecast would change.

Last edited:
I think it is the right and only responsible call.......BUT I want to know is this NO SNOW AND ICE the Virus or some political act causing it to NOT SNOW.....Arrrrrrrg. ****that is intended as a JOKE no animals were injured in the typing of this post

I got booked for all the Muni Rides at Boarders. A small group of us has the
Houghton Holiday Inn Express booked for New Years day till Sunday. Two rooms so is always room for more to sleep somewhere. Will try to do the Gwinn ride also. That was always fun one! Miss you all and maybe this will get the snow machine going! Merry Christmas Everyone!

Steve, I take it Houghton has/will be getting snow? Usually go up to the UP between Christmas and New Years but didnt think the eastern UP would be doable but was curious about Houghton and Cooper Harbor area. Always wanted to ride the western UP so maybe this will be the year.

Steve, I take it Houghton has/will be getting snow? Usually go up to the UP between Christmas and New Years but didnt think the eastern UP would be doable but was curious about Houghton and Cooper Harbor area. Always wanted to ride the western UP so maybe this will be the year.
Looks like it got some already. Do it!

I seriously HATE being bearer of bad news and I know how much many of you like this place, but Sonia Ott just posted on FB that Camel Riders WILL NOT be re-opening due to the COVID shutdown, etc. A Damn shame. One of the better places in the entire U.P.

I seriously HATE being bearer of bad news and I know how much many of you like this place, but Sonia Ott just posted on FB that Camel Riders WILL NOT be re-opening due to the COVID shutdown, etc. A Damn shame. One of the better places in the entire U.P.

WOW, thats a real shame.

If I hit my head on one them round log ceiling joists one more time I'll own that place, lol

Back