• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TY Ride Dates 2020-21 Season!!

I would guess the guy who had it should never have owned it. I have a bud that put 10000 miles on his winder in 2 years and had almost no issues.

I hope to be like your bud going forward, lots of miles, smiles and no problems.

I have done everything on it myself so far. The problem is I bought it this spring and discovered the following.

1. Coolant hose on the right in the tunnel was torn, all the coolant drained out onto my garage floor within 2 weeks of getting it.
Replaced hose and added BOP protectors
2. Reverse shaft in chain case was bent pretty badly. Top gear was also shot after just 1200 miles on the clock.
Replaced shaft and added DMC top gear
3. When I got it the one time I ran the sled it was doing 9500RPM @118 MPH (50F out with very soft snow).
Picked up a TPHH clutch kit at west bend show, will tune it in when we get more snow.

Everything I know of should be fixed but it is what I may have missed that has me a bit leery for the first few trips.

I just find it amusing and frustrating, I got almost 12k miles on my two 2-strokes that were known to be incredibly unreliable sleds (I did rebuild the motor in one) but have already put just as much work into the SW and I have ridden it for 10 miles total.
Did you do the BOP wedge?

Did you do the BOP wedge?

I have not. I plan to replace the track next summer with a bit taller lug either 1.5" or 1.6" and at that time will either have the current shaft spray welded to an interference fit or if the new shafts are all correctly fit possibly just replace the shaft.

If the sled was brand new I would do it but seeing as the current shaft has already spun if it is going to the BOP wedge won't do much anymore.

Does anyone have a bed open they would be willing to split the cost of the room on for the Houghton ride?

I know weather can change in an instant..... but the upcoming up Houghton ride looking sketchy. :o| Ground/lakes are not even frozen.

I know weather can change in an instant..... but the upcoming up Houghton ride looking sketchy. :o| Ground/lakes are not even frozen.

You are correct, no much for snow and not looking good for the first ride of the year. I am going to give it until the end of next week and then I may have to call it if nothing has changed.

like that all over. brother 1 hr away from me just got 1' + of snow and i can still cut the grass and see open water on the lake behind the house.

like that all over. brother 1 hr away from me just got 1' + of snow and i can still cut the grass and see open water on the lake behind the house.
fingers crossed that the lake effect snow machine kicks in high gear next weekend when the canadian cold front moves in. gonna be a bored winter if it dont pick up for once got all farm work done early to enjoy winter

We
20201128_144545_copy_800x600.jpg
20201128_131944_copy_800x600.jpg
went riding dirt bikes last weekend. Lol.

Was holding off till April to get my 2021 X4 XTR, if this keeps up may go ahead and get now.....:whine: I would rather be doing this :sled1: until April 1

You are correct, no much for snow and not looking good for the first ride of the year. I am going to give it until the end of next week and then I may have to call it if nothing has changed.

Hope to see you and boys up in Houghton!! Will be up that weekend also.... hopefully with Nate.
Pattern change coming in week.....keep the faith!!;)!

Back