• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulmer supertip set-ups

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Nytro MPI Stage 1
Wondering how you guys have your supertips set-up on your nitros. I'm running 1 Tungsten plus 3 washers in the heel, 3 washers middle, 1 washer tip. Ulmer "H" helix pink @70. Initial 8750 , to 9125 full shift.

on my standard xtx whit 1,75 luggs and 2-teeth downgeering, white secundary spring 90 degres preload, O-P-O primary spring, H-helix and 50Y supertips. my setup whas tungsten+washers in heel and zero in middle and tip.

hitting 8700-8800, and 9100 rpm on is

Now whit 180 mcx and the same clutchkit im upp in 2 tungsten in heel, 4 washers in middle and tipp, still overrevving.

Tryed the supertips 55xy before, but i wasitn so happy white the resultat because on takeoff on hardpacked snow the engine overrevd and the rpm droppet down 6-800 rpm. In 1 meter snow the engine reved 8700-8800 and droppet down to 8100-8200 and then climed back a little.
More weight will drope the rpms down, so you can´t fix it white more weight, i beleve

The diffrent betveen XY and Y weight that i beleve and have feelt is that XY weight are more agressive and uppshifts faster than Y, and the balance betveen the clutchies becomes bad.
The Y weight are more softer and the engine have a better chans to hold the rpm upp.

I did a little test in 60-70 cm snow, standing still and then full trottle. Whit the 55XY the snowmobile did a little skilift and held the skis upp for 15-25 m and at the start the rpm did go up to 87-8900 rpm and droped down fast to 81-8200 rpm.

Whit the 50Y the snowmobile have more grrrrrr and the rpm droped down just a little bit and the skilift was massiv, 25-45m before flating out and i feelt that the cluches have more ability to produce more effect.

I beleve that the XY weight are a god trail weight because it uppshift fast and give you i god "pull", but the Y weight are more if you are in deepsnow and hit the bar and need the engine rpm fast and maintain corect rpm, quiet like a clutch could work ;)!

Anyone who have some input is welcome to do that.

The 50Y series is the only weights we use in any of our FX Nytro clutch kits.

Do you have stock exhaust yet with your nitrous setup?

i have stock everything exept mcx 180 and 2 tooth downgeering, and i gona use 50y becuse they are better.

Schlorven said:
i have stock everything exept mcx 180 and 2 tooth downgeering, and i gona use 50y becuse they are better.

Try this!
14.5-14.8 roller and artic cat red white spring in the sekundary
engine cut is off inn the start.

Back