• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

UPDATE!!! 2011 NY Ride.

Hope you guys get some more snow up there, we got 2" yesterday and it pretty much blew away... I keep tweaking my sled so I need somewhere to play pretty soon! lol.

snow storm coming this Saturday. looks like we may be OK. :letsnow:

2008FxNytro said:
Snowing now! Im thinkin we are gonna be in good shape!! Looks like we got four guys plus myself leaving from my place so far. More are welcome! Come on snow!!!

keep us informed...we are getting light snow here righjt now...hope this weeks storms give us enough!!! :o|

Still snowin. Gettin a nice steady packy snow. None of that fluffy garbage! Hope it keeps going and adds up.

Gordon, still need a plan of when and where to meet in the morning.

I think riding out of Oneida Cty is real IFFY at this point. I'd like to think it COULD happen, but there is alot of ground to cover between Westernville/Remsen areas and Cranberry Lake and ALOT of trails and roads to co ver with snow between now and then

All we can hope is for lots of snow the next few days and hope that BBW's prediction for a storm on Jan 10th holds true.

SNOW DANCES EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Got decent snow today, good packy stuff. Still snowing now. Constableville has a foot since the weekend as of early this evening, lake effect was moving in to tug hill as of 2 o clock or so. My aunt works in lowville and said it was snowing hard there around 3, which means the hill was getting it. Hoping for the best!!

NOAA seven day forecast for Westernville calling for snow every day. In addition to that, Syracuse weather is still saying we should at least be brushed by the coastal storm this weekend and lake effect will follow on the back side. I think we will be in good shape for the ride.

The Coastal storm I was predicting for Monday the 10th, seems it will be here a couple days early, and if develops it will give us snow on Friday and Saturday. Still too early to see who will get what. I was suppose to be in the heavy lake effect yesterday evening according to our local Weathermen, but it set up just South of me. I got 1.6" overnight while just 5 miles south of me got 10". Still a chance we will get some decent snow by next week. I had 3" on Monday, 3" yesterday morning, and as mentioned above 1.6" overnight. This is by far the most snow I have had on the ground this Winter.

Although the NY ride is still up in the air at this time, and if we do hold it, we still don't know if there will we enough snow to ride all the way from my area. We should cover some basics at this time. I have room for 3 to park at my house, and the first three who wanted spots were, RX-1man(Dave), NY AttakGT(Steve), and Honk(Mark). So if we do leave from my house, the rest will have to park at the Bowling alley on Rt. 12 in Mapledale, and ride with 2008FxNytro, to meet up with the group riding from my house. So if we do have this ride, and you are parking over at the Adirondack Lanes Bowling alley in Mapledale, please "PM" 2008FxNytro and make arrangments with him, on when you will be leaving. I will get ahold of 2008FxNytro and set up a spot and time where both groups can meet. We should know alot more by Sat. after we see how much snow falls Fri. & Sat. Be sure to check back then to see if we are riding to Cranberry Lake, Trailering to Cranberry lake, not going at all, going to tug hill, or canceling the whole thing. Be sure to check back for final details.

As gordon said let us know who is riding from where. I know there some people who asked about leaving from my house. I have room for pretty much as many people that wanna come.

Gordon I will get ahold of you to make our plans on where to meet

let it snow let it snow let it snow!!!!! So my wife ( i think ) is set on going...She has an arctic cat, but at least its a 4 stroke! so i figure it was ok she goes. :Rockon: :4STroke: ....please let the snow gods send some love

Back