• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

UPDATE!!! 2011 NY Ride.

I still feel confident that we'll be able to ride from Gordon's. If it turns out that we can't, I for one would rather trailer to Cranberry than ride the hill. :letsnow: :letsnow:

RX-1MAN said:
I for one would rather trailer to Cranberry than ride the hill. :letsnow: :letsnow:

Cranberry, Tug, heck, I'll ride a fat chick at this point, 150 miles on the Viper so far and I just got the suspension to where I can stand it, I want to get some miles on this thing! lol

I'm planning on going out and trying the trails on Sat. I hope we get some snow between now and then but I think we have rideable snow now.. I'll let everyone know what I find Saturday or Sunday.. I think this ride will take place, we'll get more snow and the trails will be BEAUTIFUL.... We have a great base, just need some snow on top...

The weather forecast today (1-7) is calling for the possiblity of significant snow on Tuesday the 11th for the entire region. For those who will be traveling from western NY and PA, this could possibly pose delays in travel to the bagger departures on Wednesday morning. Have you guys given any thought or come up with some ideas if it is snowing Tuesday (1-11) into Wednesday (1-12) on how to accomodate those who will be traveling long distances? What are your suggestions?

Snowing hard now! Lookin good for our trip. If anyone wants to come in tuesday night and stay at my place they are welcome to. Have a spare bedroom. A couch. Few recliners. And a queen size double thick air mattress. Or there is room if you have a matress to bring. I live alone so no need to worry about wife or girlfriend lol.

Snow is starting to pickup in Star Lake, Its been a dusting all day but starting to come down hard now.. Just got a call from a bud who is stuck in traffic north of syracuse in a white out... Here it comes....

nor'easter said:
The weather forecast today (1-7) is calling for the possiblity of significant snow on Tuesday the 11th for the entire region. For those who will be traveling from western NY and PA, this could possibly pose delays in travel to the bagger departures on Wednesday morning. Have you guys given any thought or come up with some ideas if it is snowing Tuesday (1-11) into Wednesday (1-12) on how to accomodate those who will be traveling long distances? What are your suggestions?

I'd stay with Dan in Barneveld since he offered. Sounds like he has plenty of sleeping accommodations and I heard he may even cook breakfast ;)!

Lol. Better reserve your room now! Sounds like fran (grizztracks) and his buddy are possi ly coming tuesday to stay also! Gonna be a blast!! Bring your own beer! Lol haha jk ill have some in the fridge. :)

Gees, getting close! I cant wait! Now y'all are throwing another curve in there, not sure if I should head out Tuesday night or Wed morning like I was planning... hmmph... heck, I still have stuff to get ready, ahhh! lol.

Houston, we have a problem! Gordon's(BBW) computer crashed yesterday and he has no idea what is going on on this site. Nick, he needs you to call him about snow conditions your way. Dan, he needs you to call him about a time and meeting place for those traveling up with you to meet his group. As of right now Gordon is unsure if the ride will be able to depart from his area due to possible low snow from Stillwater towards Star Lake. Any info on conditions in that area would be greatly appreciated. His "casual ride" hot line number is 315-827-4802.

Just got off the phone with Gordon. He is not sounding to confident about leaving from here. thinks there may be a few spots we cant get through. we will all know more sunday, as some people will be out riding and checking the conditions. i personally am going riding tomorrow morning so i will know how local trails are up to and around tug hill. so hopefully all works out. it sounds like i have about 5 or so people that are interested in staying at my place tuesday night.

Hope it all works out!

Back