• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

updating 08 nytro

The tunnel is done out of moly from diamond S! I love that tunnel i just cant wait to get the skid in, I am just waiting on a new hindle pipe set up so i can get it all in place and cut the tunnel before I put the skid in. I will be using the 2009 skid mounting location on this new tunnel, I cant stand the 2008 tunnel angle, and really it is no big rush since it is -32 this morning here :o| :o| Too cold for beer even, so warm whiskey it is.....

Just a quick update on the machine, We went to put the skid into the tunnel and the drop brackets are 6 inchs out of line too far back...... so we had to find a shop in town that can weld moly.... and have the time in the next four weeks to get the brackets moved.... Then with all the welding and cutting the tunnel needs to come off again get painted and the decals and carbon top needs to be re-ordered and start over! This is a huge set back and is goin to be $$$$$ but I am too deep into this thing to stop now. I will post more picts when I have the tunnel back from the welding shop :drink:

Thanks to the guys here at Duncans welding! they moved my drop brackets forward to the right spot. However i did not seem to think that well there was no bracing there, since this is a truss frame tunnel it needs to have the truss joints above the drop braket so the bottom rail doesnt bend over time or even crach and break!
7822343B_zpsa1204169.jpg

0016AF57_zps850059b2.jpg

as you can see were my hand is were the bracket use to be right below a brace in the skid, now well nothing!
I had to take a step back and think what the next step would be and for some reason the shop car was parked inside and gave me an idea
5A1A1A34_zpsa535c4d6.jpg

did anyone even see the sled on the lift in the back?
42BFF33B_zpsff20ada9.jpg

solution put in two triangle plates to tie all the braces together! I should have this done tommorow night with some help form one of the guys :Rockon:

Looking good and sucks for the set back. I would love that tunnel! I also agree that the 08s look kinda werid compared to the newer ones but I really don't feel like droppping that much coin on a tunnel. Nice looking shop too

I kinda figured this would be a sled that will be around for a bit so why not drop some $$$ into it and have a blast doing it!
WHEN A NEW MACHINE COMES OUT IN FEB I will be first on the list to buy it and I hope i have the coin to keep this rig around...... The true test of the tunnel will be when i start to race it :Rockon:

The front of the sled was missing something! And it turned out to be more decals, I looked at a arctic fx kit and they have a small strip for the nose cone, I had enough left over to cover the res on the floats. Now just waiting on more decal material for the tunnel side pannels
747F8AD3_zps6691323d.jpg

CCFE3B63_zps27379eca.jpg

6BA9F35A_zps04bd70eb.jpg

72DF9EF0_zpsb2c718e2.jpg

CC0576AA_zps2c332b81.jpg

BC7641F2_zpsbeba8631.jpg

The close up on the tunnel shows the tuner braces I put in and how I hid them with more decals lol

Machine is all done! Just need to double check all bolts and game on for the season
2D4F157D_zps2e014762.jpg

F50E71DE_zpscdcb6bae.jpg

A8E0A5CA_zpsa0518024.jpg

In the end I could not help myself and went with a full Hindle set up! Love the sound!! And I may have matched the exhaust ports and Hindle header up in size with the porting oppps
5BBFD0DF_zpse719d6e9.jpg

31DFCA97_zps9502e457.jpg

I think your title comes up short of describing your build. ;):D

Looks #$%&* Fantastic!!! Outstanding job!! ;)!

Haha thank you! When I started the build I was only goin to do a few little things here and there but the "Chris edition" phazer changed my mind on that very quickly. After seeing that build I really wanted to try to go out side of the box with this machine... I have searched every website and read every form for performance parts and upgrades, my end goal was to be the fasted non boosted sled in the north and maybe have some good looks while doing it
Now to ride it all winter and sell it next year I all ready have money down on the new sled being released in feb.... Depending on what it is will determine if I sell or not.... I hope they make some huge changes and put out a new machine because I wanna do another build like this one on a 2014 machine. You guys got me hooked on building machines and without a lot of help from you guys I don't think I would have been able to get things as far as I did so thank you everyone that helped out with all my questions :Rockon:

Back