• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

VX1R: 136" Apex/Updated pics of NEW BLUE VX1R

ApexRtxGuy said:
where did you get the led brake lights?

The rear LED lights are mounted inside of the custom rear bumpers of the sleds. I got them from Crazy Mountain Extreme:
http://www.crazymtn.com/index.html

It's a whole rear close off panel along with the complete bumper assembly, and not just LED lights. Call Mark Hoffman, the owner of CMX for more info.

Your sled looks soo sick man!!! Just thought I'd post it. You have some great taste, everything you do looks prestine!

Again Nice job!

John

Thanks Mr. Sled and Yamaha Man. I'm really looking forwards to seeing the Apex project sled next weekend at Hay Days that Mr. Sled has been "cobbling together" this summer in his spare time. I've been following the updates that Tom has been posting, and that sled is looking awesome, and is going to be a real showcase of some top shelf aftermarket products. I hope that I have a chance to squeeze the throttle on that sled this winter on a TY ride.

My projects for this season have involved working on some 2-smokers again. I can't keep my hands off of the SRX, and have extended that sled out to a 146" with some new tipped up rails on the Monoshock skid similar to the Nytro XTX, along with a new black paint job and graphics.

I've also picked up some SnoScoots this last year that I've got some plans for. I got my hands on a custom pipe for one of them that should really make it "scoot", some C&A mini skis, and am working on a long track project using a 1" lug track, along with a new front suspension using Fox Float shocks to make these little sleds a lot more fun to ride.

OK - read the whole thread, looked around... I must have been hiding in a cave somewhere, but I can't find what a VX1R means yet. ! Can ya bring the "slow guy" up to speed?

Nate....

When I built this custom Viper a few years ago, I wanted it to look different than any other Viper.

I came up with "VX7R" at the time. Since the Viper had a 700cc motor in it, I went with the "7", and I thought that "VX7R" sounded like something that Yamaha would use to make it look like a factory model. It was pretty entertaining to talk to guys who I would run into at a pit stop when they would ask about the sled. They said they never heard of a VX7R before, and would ask how could they get one. Most guys who weren't familiar with Yamaha sleds thought that it was just another model available from Yamaha.

When I decided to customize the next sleds that I got I just had to go with calling them the same. But since these were Apex based sleds with a 1000cc motor, I just changed the "7" to a "1". I'm still having fun at pitstops with these sleds.

I made a few changes to them for this season. The blue one now has a Cobra track and a set of Ohlins on the front. My wife and I are heading to the UP later today to ride the rest of the week. I'll post some new pics of the sleds when we get back.

Like Paul Harvey says: "Now you know the rest of the story".

Attachments

• VX7R.jpg
    VX7R.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 361
I get the same thing at gas stations..

I didnt know they made a GT-R ... LOL

THey also say things like, i didnt know they made these in orange.. LOL

If it werent for your sled, i would never have designed mine like it is..

THanks

Brian

All your sleds are works of art, I have a tie between the VX7R and VX1R - awesome finish.

I would just like to know what insipres you? Your sleds just have a truly unique, and incredibly cool look. To me, they have that factory race sled/ high end custom look. Very nice touches and details!

Just got back from riding in the UP this weekend. With the fresh dumping of snow they recently got, conditions were great. The blue sled has a Camoplast Cobra track installed this year, and it's quite an improvement over the Ripsaw that came with the sled. It hooks up great in the softer snow conditions and does a much better job off trail. The Ohlin's shocks on the front are a nice addition also to really smooth out the ride. Here's a few pics....

Attachments

• VX1R-Rfront.jpg
    VX1R-Rfront.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 296
  • VX1R-Brear.jpg
    VX1R-Brear.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 323
  • VX1R-Rlside.jpg
    VX1R-Rlside.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 301
  • VX1R-Blside.jpg
    VX1R-Blside.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 344
  • VX1R-Rrside.jpg
    VX1R-Rrside.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 293
  • VX1Rs.jpg
    VX1Rs.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 345
  • VX1R-Rrear.jpg
    VX1R-Rrear.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 331
Snowflap

Where did you get the snowflap from?

Thanks

Re: Snowflap

JLR said:
Where did you get the snowflap from?

The snowflap on both sleds came from B-Rad Custom Products in Minnesota. Here's a link to their web site: http://www.snowflap.com/index.php

The snowflaps that I'm using are from a Polaris IQ chassis. I had some custom decals made that are applied to the flap.

This is the same company that makes the TotallYamaha snowflaps that you can custom order right here on TY with your username.

mbarclay said:
Awesome looking sleds man....you did a hell of a job ;)!

Thanks mbarclay. I'm doing a slight makeover this year on the red VX1R. Going to stretch it out to a 144" with a slightly modified XTX skid. I'll post up some pics when it's done.

Back